Pages

Thursday, 8 January 2015

Wearing what I own already - a novel concept that I'm sure a few of us could adopt.


When I was in a particularly hallucinatory tonsillitis induced state the other day, I dreamt that Martin Lewis, the money man, was talking to me. He was trying to hypnotise me into thinking that the Adirondack II Ugg boots that I have my eye on would be better off left on the shelf.


He told me that I should imagine looking down at them on my feet and that I should think how much happier I would be if they weren't there, that the money would be better off in the bank and that I could manage with some old boots that I have. He then asked me what I thought of what he had said to which I replied "Don't be such a flippin (actually it was a ruder version of that word) idiot" and I walked off. I used to quite like listening to what he had to say. Not any more.

I think that all of this came on the back of plan - not a resolution because they're a bit looserish - to wear everything that I own in my wardrobe before adding to it any further. There will be exceptions - new boots possibly being one of them - and no-one likes to live by a strict set of rules but I figure that there are probably one or two new outfits that I could make out of what I own already.

So taking things to the extreme, the coat that I am wearing above is 10 years old. I bought it when our eldest was in year 1 and  in two weeks she will be 16. Argghhh. The Jaeger scarf is a couple of years old and I'm wearing a Whistles tube skirt,  Zara boots and a Marc Jacobs bag because I realised that if I didn't get out of sloppy stuff sometime soon, not only would I have my own TV series about never leaving the house, I would also have a parallel one about always wearing the same outfit.

And I thought that on such a dull day, it would be nice to share with you all a bunch of flowers. Hope that you like them!








6 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better Beth (I spotted the chemists bag in the background)! And a happy new year.

    And yes, I did a bit of a tidy in the wardrobe earlier in the week and I have so so many clothes begging to be worn a little more. I shall be trying to do the same as you or I will be joining you on the series of "The Same Outfit".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mrs Eagle Eyes - yes you're right, it was a chemists bag, which has now been joined by one for Mr SG who too has tonsillitis! Happy New Year to you too my lovely. Let's see how many new outfits we can come up with together.....

      Delete
  2. This new year I am trying new colour combinations from my existing wardrobe of clothes and so far it has been very successful, satisfying and fun.
    Thanks for your inspirations too.
    Happy New Year and Happy New Wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! That's great to hear - so pleased that you are finding your new colour combos rewarding. Oddly I was looking at brighter coloured bottoms earlier but bright bottoms and I just don't get on so well! Happy New Year to you too and I will keep trying to inspire!

      Delete
  3. Now that is the kind of post I love. Using up your existing clothes in different ways. I always think that most of us cant afford to buy as many clothes as a lot of bloggers seem to do and wearing your old clothes and mixing them up is much more inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, thanks for letting me know that you liked the post. I will keep re-working things until I have run out of ideas! Happy New Year!

      Delete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.