Pages

Monday 5 December 2016

The only thing to wear on a chilly day...


I'm just going to take a moment to list what is is that I love about a jumper dress, particularly this Woolovers jumper dress in khaki which was gifted to me from the Woolovers 100% merino wool range

First of all, I love their versatility. I can wear this jumper dress over jeans, with pleather leggings, with tights and boots or bare legged with gold caged heels and a long pendant, so it's not going to languish at the back of the wardrobe sitting there looking pretty but not bringing anything to the party.


Secondly, and don't all roll your eyes now, it's warm. I can get a good couple of layers underneath this one on a chilly day without it looking too bulky. But for those who don't have reptilian like tendencies like I do, or if you're in a heated environment, given that it's 100% merino wool it's fairly fine so you won't boil in it. In essence it's a win win, whether you, or your environment, run cold or hot.


And that brings me on to the third thing that I love about it - its shape. It's slightly oversized but not in too huge a way but then it tapers in cocoon style towards the hem, which is really flattering, And it doesn't need a belt, so there's plenty of room for that mince pie/Christmas pudding/alcohol food baby (or indeed even a real baby) and no-one will be any the wiser. Body con dresses, you  have permission to languish in the wardrobe.


And finally the colour. I'm wearing this lovely khaki colour which is good against my fairer skin in the winter - but it also comes in black and red which are great base colours for layering accessories over. For information purposes, I'm wearing a small, which fits me perfectly.

If you haven't had a chance to pop over to Woolovers yet to take a look, it's definitely worth doing so. I find that knitwear can be so expensive but there are some fabulously stylish pieces at a really good price and there's something lovely about spreading the word about independent brands.