Pages

Monday 5 February 2018

The three oils I swear by...

A few years ago I would probably have balked at the idea of putting oil on my face or hair. The phrase "chip pan face" or "greasy hair"  would quite possibly have been ringing in my ears as I applied them. However I was given some cleansing oil as a gift by Elemis and since then I haven't looked back.







Elemis cleansing oil John Lewis (£31)

I've been grappling with the words to use to describe what it feels like when applying oil to one's face. At first I was totally confused as to what to do but then I realised that it was just the same as using a cleansing cream - although nicer. There's a sort of ritual about applying a face oil which has a calming effect, allowing you to take a moment at the start, or end, of a busy day. It just feels so lovely and this one washes off with water - so no need for cotton wool or wipes. 


Schwarzkopf miracle oil Amazon (£10.91)

If your hair feels in any way wiry, or not as silky as it once did, miracle oil could well be the answer. I've also used Moroccan Oil, which is also great. It just makes my hair feel like my own again, as opposed to the grey, wiry mass that lurks beneath. I wait about 10 minutes after I've come out of the shower before applying - so when my hair is still damp but not dripping - and then I use about the size of a 5p piece. It makes it so much easier to manage and it really does feel like it used to. 



And after discovering cleansing oil and hair oil, I then discovered face oil. I met Saira at QVC as we were sharing a dressing room. She was due to go on TV and talk about her anti-ageing face oil and she gave me a bottle of her oil to try. She explained how it was one of only a few face oils that were certified organic, plus it is also Halal and vegan. She told me how I should warm it in my hands before patting (not rubbing) it on to my face. I absolutely love this product and now that I've run out of it, I'm planning to get some more. It smells lovely and is so nice to put on your face at the end of a long day. There's a lot of information on Saira's website about her product and it's worth taking a look if you're looking for something that is natural, GM free and which isn't tested on animals. 

So yes, since I've got older, I've really started to see the benefit of using oils on my face and hair. Is anyone with me or are you still scarred by the associations of oil going hand in hand with greasy hair and skin as per our adolescent selves?!