Pages

Sunday 15 May 2011

Mum on the Run - A dress for a night out

Last night we went to a friend's 40th birthday party. We were all hoping for warm weather so that we could go outside but it wasn't to be - not that it wasn't a brilliant night, it just meant that I had to resort to tights when I would rather not have done!  A bit of suffering for one's outfit is fine but being freezing - no thanks!

I wanted to give my navy French Connection dress an outing so plumped for that despite the cold.  I added a cream mock croc leather belt, gold shoes and a patent clutch (which goes with everything!) 

I have to say that I have no idea why it looks as though I have tan lines on my bare shoulder - I don't think that any part of me has seen the sun for at least five years.  Remember when Zara Phillips rocked that look at her brother's wedding a couple of years ago - if I had been the Queen I would most definitely have not been amused! She certainly let the side down with that fashion faux pas.

Dress -French Connection, Shoes Carvela, Bag and Belt both Reiss