Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

Mum on the Run - A Reiss printed summer dress - heels or converse? I think either will do.

Those days when you can wear just three pieces of clothing are the ones that I dream of all year - bra, pants, dress - job done. No need for layers, scarves, coats, jumpers, or vests - bliss. Yes, today I am vest free. It's almost as historic a moment as a British man winning Wimbledon.
 

I don't think that any of the dresses that I am planning on wearing this week are new, so forgive me if you have seen them before. I think that this Reiss dress is now into its second or third summer but I like a bit of longevity when it comes to clothes, which I bond with in the same way as some men bond with their cars. Speaking of men, Mr SG did the deed today and went to buy the bikinis. I haven't tried them yet - that's for another day.


This dress is an easy style to wear, especially now that I have my fashion tape!  A print is a great way of confusing the eye and keeping it on the move so as to stop it focusing in on anyone area. Here I wore it with my nude mango sandals but I will shortly be putting it with pale blue converse whilst I walk to collect our son from his leaver's disco at school. How bad would it be of me to sneak in a bit early to see if I can catch any of the action??!!! Yep, bad, I know. Right, I'm off.