Pages

Friday 25 November 2016

The (gorgeous) pussybow ruched sleeve shirt by Me & Em


There's a simple formula for a smart/casual outfit that's an absolute fail safe every time. We've all used it over and over again and it's this:

Fancy top + battered jeans + sparkly shoes

The fancy top that I'm wearing in these pics is the Me & Em pussybow blouse (£119) and it's an absolute gem of a top for a night out with the girls. Equally with leather leggings it's super stylish or with more tailored trousers it's the perfect work outfit, with a lovely modern relaxed silhouette.


I'm a sucker for a bow, or a frill, or for something pretty and this top is just gorgeous, having both the pussy bow at the neck and a frill at the sleeve. The frilly sleeves are perfect for peeping out from under a coat with three quarter length sleeves, or for wearing with a long line gilet - but they're not so wide and loose that you can't go about your everyday business without trapping them in the dishwasher or dangling them in the cooking.


The "swing" in the top is fabulous too. It's not so full that it feels maternity like in nature but it has enough shape so that it doesn't cling. Plus the movement and slight "swish" to it makes it feel really elegant.


I love the length too. It hits at just the right point to keep it modern and given its wider hem, it has a slimming effect on the hips.


Plus - and it was only a matter of time before I came to this, there's room to layer plenty underneath, which is one of the reasons that I chose this top. I have a vest and one of my trusty short sleeve cropped tops underneath so it was perfect for a daytime outing too. Obviously in the evening I might even lose a layer. I know, how daring!


I like it when a new shape arrives in my wardrobe and I can see myself wearing this top in all sorts of different scenarios. When a top ticks the navy/pretty/versatile/can be layered up, boxes - I'm there every time.


Now obviously if I'd thought about it, I would have taken a couple of shots before I had tied the bow not after, by which time I had made it slightly crinkly. But it's lovely undone and arguably better for those ladies with a curvier bust who prefer more of a v-shaped neckline.


Now that's what you call a bow! So gorgeous!


Whilst this top was gifted to me by Me & Em, all the words and thoughts are my own and I can honestly say that this is a truly lovely top!