Pages

Friday 15 September 2017

A Hush maxi dress



The eagled eyed amongst you will know from my Instagram posts that I've worn this dress quite a lot recently. I've been road testing it and now I thought that I would share it as I think that it will become a firm favourite.

It first came out last Friday when I went to a launch of a new A/W '17 collection in Hampshire with some other bloggers. I wore it again earlier this week when I went to a trend presentation by Red Magazine at Bicester and then again today. When I love something I wear it a lot and if I'm paying a little more for something, I especially want to wear it a lot. That, for me, is real life!


Yasmin dress from Hush (£99 - currently available for pre-order on the Hush site)

I first saw the dress in our local John Lewis (I can't currently see it on the site) before I went to Guernsey and I fell in love with it because it was a) navy and b) it had a metallic print on it.  I am nothing if not utterly and totally predictable. Sparkles would have had me too.

When I held it up I thought that it might be too long for me so I left it. Too many other things to think about! But it played on my mind so I re-visited it when I returned and hey presto, it was the perfect length for my 5ft 6" height.  I tried on both the 8 and 10 several times but there wasn't much in it, so I went for the 10 on the basis that it might just be slightly looser on the waist, which is quite fitted.


As you can see, the split is quite high. I don't know what I will do when it gets colder. Wear long johns probably for a very stylish look. Or grin and bear it. Or maybe wear it over trousers. I'll find a way for sure! Oooh how about a petticoat? Do they do thermal ones? Even better, a thermal, maxi petticoat? Yes, that's the answer for sure.

So far I've worn it with trainers (yes, Mrs Predictable strikes again) and gold boots plus I've also got some new red patent boots to wear with it...oh and some suede kitten heel knee high boots from Jigsaw which I bought about 5,000 years ago and have worn precisely once. Or maybe twice. But having been confined to the fashion wilderness for the last 4999 years, they are now good to be worn again so they may make an appearance.

I like a dress. You just stick it on, add some fancy pants earrings a bit more jewellery and a pair of shoes and off you go. And in my case, quite possible a thermal maxi petticoat too. Stunning.