Pages

Wednesday 6 September 2017

A few dress gems from LK Bennett

It's a while since I've taken a good look around LK Bennett as our store isn't in the City Centre. However I was in the Mailbox today having my haircut, and where LK Bennett happens to be, so I thought that I would go for a little look around.

Apologies for the selfie - really I should have asked one of the girls in the shop to take a photo for me but I always feel a bit self conscious having my photo taken - unless it's one of the children doing it and then it's just my way of annoying them - so then I don't mind.


This is the Dakota Animal Print Dress (£225) which was really lovely to wear. This dress is a great style in so far as it has sleeves, it falls at a good length, the print is fresh and modern and the best bit?.....


.....the waist ties, which can be done up as tightly as you like - or not at all, which is great for those days when you're feeling less than svelte or for when you fancy ringing the changes with the style. 


I love the neutral print too which is just so easy to wear and, as each year, leopard style prints are huge so it's not going to date. The sleeves also have a little nod to the 70s so they're not going to date either. I love it with boots but it would be great with caged heels or with smarter shoes for work. Or you know me....with trainers too.



The Celeste blue leopard dress from LK Bennett (£250) is also a real gem. I'm like my Mum and I don't like collars on dresses so much but I love them on other people. And for the right dress I can always be persuaded!


And although the Roe black printed silk dress LK Bennett (£425) is not really your every day dress price wise, the reviews are really good and for a special occasion, or if you're deserving of a treat (aren't we all, always?!) or if you know that you're going to wear it to death, this could be worth taking a closer look at. 

I think that there may well be a discount voucher lurking somewhere so let's see what we can find shall we? And if you haven't had a chance to suss out the new season at LK Bennett yet, now may well be a good time to take a look, especially if you feel in need of a snazzy new dress.