Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

Mum on the Run day 29 - Not quite monochrome

This started off as a monochrome outfit but didn't end up that way, due to the addition of the bright shoes and teal scarf.  What can I say?  I like a bit of colour here and there.

Today was an unusual day for me as I had some time at home.  I did a quick gym trip, which was followed by a visit to Vintage Beauty to get my nails shaped and polished.  The lovely Kally did it for £5 and it was definitely one of the best £5 that I have ever spent.  You can find her at http://www.vintagebeauty.co/ So, I now have nice bright pink nails for my meeting tomorrow and my Style Party on Saturday night. 

After doing some jobs at home (ie sorting out the rat man to come and sort out our rats - what a glamourous life I lead) Caroline from Caroline's Cake Company http://www.carolinescakecompany.co.uk/ then visited for a cuppa.  If you need a special cake, she is the lady for the job.

This evening I am off to see our eldest in a dance production at school.  With lots of dashing around and four children for dinner tonight, I knew that I wouldn't have time to change .

So, has this outfit done the job for me today?  I reckon so - although I wasn't really demanding that much of it other than being warm, comfortable, casual enough for the day and smart enough to go out this evening - OK, may be I was being quite demanding!

The dress is comfortable and layering a long vest underneath stopped it from being too sheer.  The addition of a black cardi kept me warm whilst the scarf just injected a bit of colour next to my face.  I always like wearing my Reiss biker jacket - it just stops things from being too twee.  It's not my favourite but it was OK.

Outfit: Dress Coast, Cardigan Hobbs, Jacket Reiss, Shoes Kurt Geiger, Bag Marc Jacobs, Scarf Cos