Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

Mum on the Run - the 12 days of Christmas - packing for a weekend away

Packing for a weekend away can always be a bit of a struggle.  It's all too easy to take lots of clothes and still have nothing to wear but a bit of time planning your outfits can pay dividends in the long run.  Here's how I did my packing for our trip away.  I started with the easy things first:

]Running stuff!  I always run with my friend when we go away. (In fact this was my first mistake.  Apparently we will be running twice but I only bought one lot of gear.) Thank goodness for washing machines!


Nightwear/loungewear is pretty straight forward too, so that's  another one ticked off the list with ease! Now on to the actual "outfits". Travelling there....


This was the outfit I wore to travel in - grey Cos jeans, cream Monsoon top, Next pink long cardi, Oasis scarf, bangle and  Stella & Dot necklace....





The New Year's Eve outfit which you saw yesterday.....


Today's outfit for hanging around at home, walking the dog, going to Pizza Express and just generally feeling comfortable in - Gap jeans, H&M top, Warehouse jumper, Hobbs necklace...

An outfit for travelling home in tomorrow - striped Gap top, grey jeans, Gap jumper dress, Jigsaw necklace and shoe boots. Finally, a few of my favourite things....


Some lovely handcream which I had for Christmas (the thank you card will be on its way shortly!) Jo Malone perfume, Liz Earle serum, mac lipgloss and Bobbi Brown eyeshadow and not forgetting....


Cath Kidston weekend bag, make-up bag and wash bag. I have loved Cath Kidston for years and will continue to shop there even if my daughter and her friends shop there - unlike Jack Wills which I can't do - or Hollister.  Hollister! Don't even mention Hollister to me.....