Pages

Sunday 14 July 2013

Mum on the Run - It's still hot but the outfits still, are not!

It sometimes just so happens that everything in life falls into place and that you have a great time. This weekend was no exception with our camping trip away with other families from school. The sun shone, the kids got on, we had water fights, played rounders, had BBQs, sat round the camp fire and all was well with the world.
 
I can say that without thinking that anyone will think me smug because boy have we had some disasters in the past. Utter and total nightmares in fact. We've had trips cut short due to one or other of the children ending up in A&E, holidays where children haven't slept, children who have been frog marched up Mount Snowden as a punishment for bad behaviour, holidays abroad when it has done nothing but rain and swollen faces due to infected mosquito bites.
 
Being that camping (or in our case tipiing) was the case, clothes never were going to be the order of the day. The main requirement was that I would feel comfortable, by which I meant that anything that I took could take a bit of a hammering without it mattering.  
 
So, first off, a green Jigsaw dress which is probably 6 years old. The colour is great, the length good, the style isn't perfect but at least it means that I can tuck away a few hot dogs without it being obvious. Stick it with some converse or flip flops and that's the job done for me.
 
 


Yesterday I wore a Boden tunic that I have also had for years. I know that Boden gets a bad rap for its prints and its tunics - and this is fairly typical on both counts - but I love it nonetheless. I always think that prints are totally subjective and it's so true. One man's meat is another man's poison and all that, so if someone takes an instant dislike to a print when we are on a shopping day, I rarely try and persuade them otherwise - but occasionally I will sneak it in to the changing rooms nonetheless.

Anyway, with it having been so hot the day before, I felt that a little coverage on the shoulders was a good idea. Fortunately, with it being printed and of a decent fabric, it didn't go see through when the Mums engaged in a water fight with a bunch of 11 year old boys.



We are going to Cornwall tomorrow so it has been a quick turn around with lots of washing to get through before going.

I will aim to post whilst away but if anyone wants to take over the mantle and send me photos of outfits that aren't at least five years old and which aren't designed to take a battering from ice cream, sun cream or anything else, please do so. I won't be offended! If it helps to reassure you that I haven't completely taken leave of my senses, I should add that I have been busy purchasing a winter coat, a couple of jumpers and a new winter bag from the All Saints outlet store - but it's just too hot to go there right now.