Pages

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Stripes and scallops plus yet another swimwear saga...


Today's outfit is a classic look with a simple colour palette.  I wanted something that gave a nod to that whole 1940's, open top sports car/headscarf/Riviera type look and this jumper from Reiss, GAP shorts and Accessorise sunglasses went some way towards it. And if nothing else, at least I have the blue sky!

I saw these scalloped shorts in GAP before we left but decided that I couldn't really justify another pair of shorts and then, when it became clear that it was shorts weather all the way, I changed my mind but needed to find a way to get them to Guernsey. After trying several different approaches (there's no GAP over here, they don't deliver online and a courier would have cost more than the shorts) my sister picked up a pair in her Brighton store and brought them over. Apparently they were a best seller last week so I was lucky to get a pair at all.


I bought this Reiss jumper in the sale before we left. It was reduced from £110 to £40 and I had my eye on it for a very long time before it was reduced to a price that I was happy to pay. But then when it was, I snapped it up and no doubt I will get a huge amount of wear out of it.


Now following on from yesterday's post, I would like to ask everyone to take a minute to note the size of these particular bikini pants. True, they don't make this particular model's legs look about 2" long but clearly she has copied my M&S beauties because they too are on the rather ginormous side.

I actually feel a little bad about taking the mick so mercilessly out of my bikini because I have to say, it is the most comfortable bikini that I have ever owned, to the point that I'm starting to get the whole big pants thing. There were no cheeky bits of bottom peeking their way out and there was no wriggling or faffing with either the top, or the bottoms, to keep it comfortable.

And one thing is for sure, it was a much finer outfit that the one that I wore on our very early morning swim in the sea. Having decided to run to the beach this morning, last night I gave my sister a bag of clothes, plus a towel and bikini to bring to the beach for me.  Although it transpired that I had forgotten the most important thing - the bikini. Not one to be put off by such a thing I wore some H&M brightly patterned knee length swimming trunks belonging to our 12 year old son, and a bra. Sooooo classy.