Pages

Saturday 2 May 2015

You know when you think that you will never go somewhere...and then you do?!



I know that I'm late to the party but lace up ballet flats are somewhere that I never thought that I would go. It's not because I didn't like them but just because I couldn't find any that worked on me and I concluded that I would rather not go there at all, than go there but not really like what I saw. 

I tried the New Look black ones but they were just too dark against my fair skin. I liked some dark grey snake print ones that Dune had but ditto re the colour and they came a long way up the back of the foot. I have seen the lovely red ones in Office worn by Jane at My Midlife Fashion and my friend has some from Russell & Bromley which she likes. The Lille lace ups from Boden have also been hugely popular this season too. Whilst I was in Topshop the other day I came across these snake print pointed shoes (£62) and it became a whole new ball game. 

I was concerned about feeling dumpy in these shoes but I think that the fairly pointed toe helps with that, as does just really liking them.



For anyone in a similar predicament to me - and what a predicament it was - these may well be worth a go. For some reason I'm particularly fond of the the little gold bits at on the end of the laces. It doesn't take much to keep me happy.

PS the Jack Wills bag was snaffled from our eldest as it's perfect for all of the mags that I needed on our very long journey to Dorset. Hope that you are all having a great bank holiday!