Pages

Tuesday 3 November 2015

How adding a new piece to your wardrobe can inject life into older items.


H&M jacket, Topshop jumper and skirt, Whistles shoes and bag

A few days ago I was in our local H&M and this Biker Jacket (£39.99) caught my eye. I love a biker jacket and I knew that this navy one would work with lots of pieces in my wardrobe. Having bought it, it gave me the impetus to dig out this sparkly Topshop skirt that I bought a couple of years ago now.

As well as wearing a biker jacket on its own, I also like wearing one layered under a sleeveless coat. Separately a biker and sleeveless coat would be too cold for me to wear in the winter but layered together, Bob's your Uncle - plus they make a nice alternative to a more traditional coat.

Here are a couple of other shots of the jacket - just for those who would like a closer inspection.



I love how a new piece can really inject some life back into older pieces in your wardrobe. Each time I buy something I try and do a quick mental, if not physical, whizz through what it might work with and how I can use it to pull new outfits together.

I hope that you're all having a fabulous week. Are there any new purchases coming your way and if so, do you have a few ideas of how they may work with some of your existing pieces?