Pages

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Twinkle twinkle little star (jumpers)...


I'm so sorry to have been away for so long. Last week was bonkers busy and the nights that I wasn't working were taken up with fireworks and wedding anniversary celebrations so it was all good - just busy. I would love to have time to write about gorgeous winter coats, the best winter boots, party outfits and all sorts of other things but for now, I'm afraid, we're talking jumpers.

I love a good chunky jumper for when the weather gets cold and I've already had huge amounts of wear out of this funnel neck shaker sweater from GAP (£39.95).  Here I paired it with my also much worn pleated skirt from Topshop (look here for similar), which I still plan on getting plenty of wear out of throughout the winter.


OK so the light gives me a slightly alien like glow but here I wore the jumper under this sleeveless Zara coat that I've had for a few winters now. On that particular day it was warm enough to get away with it. I'm not so sure about today however. Brrrrr.


Or for a casual take, it works quite well with track pants - these are silky ones from Topshop - and sneaker boots. Ooooh, I do love a winter jumper that goes with everything! I know that I will wear it to death and how well it will fare after this winter I'm not so sure but for now? Well, I'm just living in the moment.

The GAP honeycomb cable knit sweater (£44.95) is a great alternative for those who don't like the idea of a funnel neck...



...and all things star related are always a winner! For people who aren't fans of print, or colour, stars are wonderfully accessible and just a little bit cool. So start off with, there's this GAP star crew neck sweater (£39.95) which is a great price.



Or new in there's this HUSH twilight jumper (£85). A cream jumper is also another favourite of mine, especially with gold stars - just not near to tomato soup, or beetroot. But this jumper is a fabulous option for those who choose not to head down the whole "Christmas dressing" route but who want something with a little bit of detail.


There's also a star jumper in Baukjen (£115) which I like because it has a different style about it. The v-neck is so much more flattering on some shapes and the longer length means that it works so well with skinnies.


But this is what I'm really after - the M&S star jumper (£25). It won't be overly warm but it will be great for layering...


...or maybe perhaps the M&S star roll neck jumper (£35)


We seem to be back to chunky jumpers, just with stars on them!