Pages

Monday 30 January 2017

Re-working the 18th party outfit with a Topshop top and Boden heels


It's party party in this house at the moment! After last week's 18th birthday celebrations, this week we went to a friend's 40th birthday party, which was fabulous.

After buying the Belshaw fold A-line skirt from Finery (£75) for  Flo's 18th, I wanted to wear it again so at least the cost per wear went down to £37.50. Hmmm. I'm not selling that. Think that I might need to work on it.


However I swapped the top that I wore last week, for the tie back t-shirt from Topshop (£25), which is lovely - made even lovelier by the fact that I borrowed it from Flo's wardrobe (oh how I've longed for that particular moment to arrive!) 

Describing the top as a t-shirt doesn't do it justice as it's definitely a "blouse" or a "top" in my book. The back is really pretty too - I've put some more pictures of it below. I just wore a little bralette from M&S over the top of my bra, so that it covered the back strap - which wasn't particularly small, or lacy!



I also swapped last week's spotty shoes for the Tabitha heel from Boden (£51.60 down from £129). These were meant to arrive in time for last week's party but they didn't quite make it - but at least I could wear them this week. They are a little marmite - and have a slight equestrian feel about them one might argue but I like them and they are hugely comfortable.


So that's it really. One skirt worn two (slightly) different ways. This really is a lovely skirt and Finery have some great pieces so if you're on the look out for something that the world and his wife won't be wearing, it's really worth taking a look. Plus the price point is good too, which always makes me happy :)


The Topshop blouse from the back


The Topshop blouse from the front - the sleeves are really pretty

A close up of the Boden Tabitha shoes