Pages

Monday, 4 November 2013

Let's have a little Monday night cud chewing over long cardis and coated jeans...

There's something about a long cardi in the winter that puts the world to rights. The only thing is that knitwear can be uber expensive and that brings a whole lot of different issues - the need to wear it a lot to get the cost per wear down, which can result in bobbling, which can result in a lot of combing/washing to sort it out, which can result in it wearing out quickly - and before you know it, that expensive cardi lasted only a season. (Or alternatively you don't wear it at all for fear of the above so the expensive cardi sits in the wardrobe.) I know that there all the handwash/dry it flat/wool responds well to washing arguments but sometimes there just isn't the time in the day for that, so I have found that the answer is to buy a cheaper version.  In fact, a little bit of acrylic mixed in with the wool (or in this case vice versa) is not always such a bad thing.


I recently bought the Next stitch cardi, which at £35 wasn't too bad. In terms of styling, I like a long cardi to be long, rather than finishing right slap bang across the widest part of the thigh, like a big horizon with arrows on it pointing to them.

I also like a bit of femininity within an outfit, however casual or basic the pieces are, so I put a Topshop printed blouse under the cardi, in the same colour tones.

I was talking to a friend from Brighton the other day and we always have a little clothes chat as part of our conversation. "Bethy G," she said "What tips can you give me for what to wear this season?" Having discussed the boots/parka/Topshop being great for jumpers issue and bearing in mind that she has two young boys and a dog, I pointed her in the direction of coated jeans. They are a good alternative to jeans, a little push at the boundaries without knocking the fence right over, and more importantly with two children and a (slightly slobbery) dog, you can give them a bit of a wipe over and no one is any the wiser.

The ones that I am wearing were bought from Primark for £10 last winter and I've definitely had my wear out of them. In addition to the cardi which I have featured below, I've also included a couple of options for coated jeans.


Next stitch cardi (£35), which also comes in an oatmeal colour.


GAP coated biker legging jeans (£32.99 to £42.99)



NEXT coated skinny jeans (£36) which come in several colours.

 
If you're tempted to give them a go, do let me know how you get on!

4 comments:

  1. My husband bought me the oatmeal one as a present last week and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Salma, lovely to hear from you and what a great hubbie. Top marks!

      Delete
  2. Love the outfit. Am going to try the coated jeans!!!
    Where are your boots from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope that you get on well with the coated jeans, I really like them for a change. The Ash wedge trainers were from the Outnet.

      Delete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.