Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

My cosy, toasty Primark fur gilet

Is it really bad to admit to wearing the same clothes two days running? Well it wasn't the entire outfit that I wore again today - it was only the fur gilet. It was so warm and cosy and I didn't get a chance to photograph it yesterday so I wore it again today too. At least it reduced the price per wear and given that it was from Primark in the first place, it now practically pays me each time I wear it.
 
I was working from home for part of the day today, getting myself prepared for an event tomorrow night, and given that I wasn't on the go that much the extra layer came in really handy.
 

I'm also wearing Primark skinny coated jeans, Zara boots and one of my favourite Cos funnel neck jumpers. Sadly it shrank in the wash but oddly only in its length, and not so that it has gone all boardy and stiff, so it is still wearable.  More by luck than by judgment, this turned out to be a great way to wear it as its "shortness" is totally hidden.


I haven't been able to face Primark for a while to see whether they have any fur gilets this season but the closest that I have come across so far is this Topshop fur gilet (£60) which is also available in grey, mink and lime. 

I like the head to toe black look (not necessarily on me but just in general) which is broken up by the colour of the sleeves and neckline of the jumper. It just makes it more interesting than an all black outfit and means that you can play around with the colours. The fur of the gilet and the coating on the jeans also adds texture to the outfit and as I mentioned above, it works at hiding washing disasters and possibly pulled threads, moth holes, stains and damage caused by little peeps. Who else can see a whole new range of wardrobe possibilities opening up for them?!