Pages

Wednesday, 6 January 2016

This season's favourite skirt for any time, anywhere - and a Radio Programme which may be of interest



I know that I wrote about this H&M wrap skirt not that long ago, so apologies for that, but it really is a fail safe that goes with everything (a little like the skirt version of jeans really) so I thought that it was worth mentioning again.

I love coming across something that I wasn't necessarily looking for but which I fall in love with and which I then wear non-stop. It's a bit like when you've been in to Home Bargains. You come out with all sorts of things that you just hadn't appreciated you couldn't live without. Non-slip hangers, coconut oil and a new laundry bin anyone?

In the above outfit I stuck the skirt with all manner of things that came to hand - tartan, denim, a big cardi and pony skin shoes - but I did have the excuse that it was the first school run that I had to do in weeks so I was all over the place.


I'm slightly more restrained in this outfit with a Zara jumper and Topshop leopard print shoes. This jumper is another firm favourite from this winter but you see those sleeves? They've been caught up in more Deliciously Ella/Madeleine Shaw/Joe Wicks recipes that you can shake a stick at.

For anyone who is interested, this week's Radio 4 Food Programme is called "Eat to Run" and it's really worth listening to if you like that type of thing. A listener was interested to know how important diet was to running performance so she wrote in to ask - and the programme talks you through it. Here's a link (which fingers crossed will work) if not, it's available on the iPlayer. Hope that you enjoy it!

8 comments:

  1. It's a goodie is that skirt. I must wear it again soon. I'm so rubbish at getting my legs out though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right it is. And you'll need to be quick before the weather gets chilly!! x

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Is it true to size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I found it quite snug so I went up a size. But then again it could just be me!

      Delete
  3. Am also tempted by this skirt. Can I ask what size you bought Beth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel - of course! Mine is a size 10 and it fits perfectly. Usually I'm an 8 but there was no way that was happening! We still have plenty in our local store so if you get stuck, give me a shout! x

      Delete
    2. Thanks Beth! Just ordered a Mango leather skirt via ASOS so this will be next on my list if the Mango one is no good! x

      Delete
    3. Oooh good luck with the Mango one. Hope that it works for you x

      Delete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.