Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

On the Run - Here you can take a peek at the contents of my suitcase for a trip to Cornwall

We're all excited because we are off on on a break down to Cornwall tomorrow to stay in a hotel.  For our trips to Wales, I usually just chuck together whatever I can find (moth eaten items included you will recall) so it's lovely to be able to take some nicer pieces with me.

As always with packing, I sorted everyone else's clothes out first and then dealt with my own.  This is just a snap shot of some of the pieces I have taken, rather than a comprehensive run down - and also to show you the colour scheme I have chosen. As you can see, I have gone for blues/greys/khaki/creams and not much pink for once!

If you are anything like me, you will like to take a peek to see what someone else packs for their time away, so you will be able to get a vague idea from this. But as it's not very comprehensive, I promise to bring you lots of shots when we are away.

Here you can see the obligatory breton knits from French Connection, new Jigsaw trench skirt which I wore yesterday, Lola Rose scarf, denim and chambray shirts, sparkly vests and out of shot chino style trousers and heavier knits.  



As always, I have packed plenty of accessories, again largely keeping to the same colour scheme.




Two pairs of flats and two pairs of heels, again in the same colours (apart from the pink heels I have since added!)




And three bags -  Cath Kidston every day bag: a chuck it all in kind of bag which is indestructible;

Cream Day Bag: Soft and slouchy and it will go with everything. This one was from Warehouse last summer;

Marc Jacobs evening bag in flouro snake print: I will use this in the hotel in the evenings for phone/keys/lippy and such like. This was a birthday pressie from my in-laws, which I am very much looking forward to using.




So, that's me done! I'm really looking forward to our trip away. It's almost 14 years to the day that I last stayed in a hotel so it will be lovely to have the chance to enjoy whole days without thinking about shopping/cooking etc. Yipppeeeeeeeee! Hope that you are all enjoying the summer and don't forget to get snapping away so that you have photos to send me for a blog post of outfits worn in the sun!