Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2012

An outfit for a meeting with a media company - plain basics plus a new Whistles scarf and an Orla Kiely bag

Well, we managed not to sink the boat when we were away, which was a relief. I returned with bites, bruises and having worn the same clothes for more days than I should - hence the lack of photos - but we had a brilliant time on our (very narrow) narrow boat.

On the first morning that we were away, I had to be dropped off at the side of the canal to do another Radio interview. So there I was, giving my view on some research which concluded that men no longer cared how they looked after they reached 37, when the boat went by with 6 children hanging out of the windows and on the roof shouting "hi Mum, hello, coooeee" and me gesticulating wildly for them to BE QUIET!




So, today I had a meeting with a media company about an up and coming project which I will tell you more about when I am allowed.  I think that I had been walking around in my Next chinos and a vest up until that point, so had to do a quick change before dashing out of the door.




I relied on my usual trick of a simple colour scheme - in this case grey and pale blue - and wore plain basics (Cos grey jeans, NW3 top) and then added in some nice accessories for print, colour and texture.

My accessories were grey patent Reiss wedges with snake print detail, Whistles scarf (as featured on my last post) - this was its first outing, Orla Kiely bag - also its first outing, pale blue snake print Reiss cuff and nude Coccinelle cuff.

The meeting was great and on returning home, I cast aside all of my glad rags in favour of my Next chinos once more. Bliss!