Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Mum on the Run - Heading for a fall in my Ash wedge trainers

When I say I'm heading for a fall, I don't mean literally. No, I'll leave that to our eldest who, in avoiding something she saw on the floor at school the other day, tripped over it and then realised that it was her own foot.
 
What I mean is that so many of you were so complimentary about yesterday's outfit that I know it will be a different story today. Not only am I back to the winter clothes but I am also wearing the Ash wedge trainers. A friend has just texted me to ask me whether I've worn them yet as she is still undecided whether to get any or not so perhaps this will help, one way or the other. Actually, as she only lives around the corner, I might take them round to her for a little try on one day soon.
 

The photos aren't that great but on the positive side, the wedges are fairly innocuous in terms of colour, which suits me. I love the look of some of the summer coloured ones but I think that I would feel too conspicuous in the yellow or turquoise ones. These I can wear with navy, black, grey or tan.


For me they have their limitations in that I will only be wearing them with skinny jeans or trousers but I can vouch for their comfort wholeheartedly. I wore mine all of yesterday and all of today and they were incredibly comfortable, which is a huge bonus. I also like the extra height that they offer me.

I've added a couple of the other photos which I took when they first arrived so that the colours are eaiser to see. 


Having worn them and bonded with them a little, I am now hoping that I will be able to pack them away until next winter. Having been around for a few seasons now, I think that they will be here to stay and even if not, now I've bought the flippin' things I will be wearing them anyway. I've really enjoyed wearing something that's just a little different.
 

Normally I would ask here, would you or wouldn't you but I'm not going to do that! Instead I'm going to ask whether any of you have tried anything different recently and if so, how have you got on?