Pages

Friday 29 September 2017

Wearing your hamster (not your heart) on your sleeve

As we were walking home from school the other day, having had a chat about different parenting styles, our youngest said to me: "Mum, you're not a tiger Mum, or a helicopter parent, or a snowplough Mum - you're a hamstery Mum."

"And why is that?" I asked.

"Because you give me cuddles and I can play with you all the time."

Not that she's after a hamster or anything. The words "subtle as" and "brick" spring to mind. But I think that I may have solved the problem without resorting to buying an actual, real, hamster.

You see our youngest loves my jumpers, especially really soft, furry ones. And fortuitously, jumpers which look like they have hamsters attached to them are a huge micro-trend at the moment (if that's not an oxymoron). Look, see what I mean. OK moving swiftly on, nope, I CANNOT find it - the Topshop jumper that I was after but here we go with some alternatives.


Pretty Little Thing fur sleeved jumper at Next (£35). The fur on this probably resembles a rabbit more than a hamster but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It could be good for those who have children who are badgering them for a rabbit.


The Zara fur sleeved top (£25.99) is a nod to this micro trend and arguably slightly more hamster like in its colouring.

There are two really good options in Mango but for some reason it's not possible for me to upload the photographs. This post isn't going so well is it?! But here are links to them in any event - there's the fur sleeved sweatshirt Mango (£29.99) and the Mango fur sleeve cardi (£59.99) - both are fab!

Apparently we're going hamster shopping on Saturday #fail.