Pages

Thursday 17 February 2011

Mum on the Run day 1


The day that this photograph was taken I went from a business meeting, to the shops for work, collected the children from school and then took them to tennis. 

The look that I have gone for is daytime sequins with an injection of colour in the shoes and the handbag.  I bought the skirt at Christmas time but hadn't made use of it so decided that it needed an outing. I have dressed the skirt down by putting it with a denim shirt - this idea works with most luxurious fabrics such as lace, tweed, leather - and I have layered a vest underneath the shirt for warmth.  I am also wearing thermal navy blue tights.   After leaving my meeting I swapped my high shoes for Hobbs biker boots, which I had in my car.

The shirt is from Gap, the skirt from Coast, the shoes Hobbs NW3 and the red Miu Miu bag was a bargain in the Harvey Nichols sale about 8 years ago. The tights are from M&S.