Pages

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Mum on the Run day 7 - Scarves and Stripes


So, to day 5 of jeans only.  Today I teamed an animal print scarf with a striped top - maybe not an obvious combination but because the colours in the scarf and top tone together, it worked.  Mixing different prints, or different fabrics, is a good way of introducing interest into an outfit without the need to accessorise too much - which is what I am aiming to achieve this week - simple practical dressing that works with children.

Having considered my wardrobe recently, and having decided the one thing that I really didn't need was a navy jumper, I promptly went out and bought this one from the White Company.  It's fairly loose for me but I liked the v-neck, batwing sleeve and the fact that I could layer lots of different style tops and shirts underneath it. Again it is a casual look but I have kept the bottom half of the outfit more streamlined, which works better for me.

If straight or skinny jeans don't work for your body shape, this combination would work equally well with a boot cut or flared jean but you may want to swap the bat wing top for one which is slightly more fitted.

The outfit worked for the day in that it was comfortable and I liked the colour combinations.  Next time I will probably layer a thermal top underneath - but that's just me!

Outfit: Gap straight jeans, White Company jumper, Gap striped top, M&S scarf, Oasis boots.