Pages

Thursday 24 February 2011

Mum on the Run day 9 - A little bit of everything


So here we are, day 7 and today I have entitled the post "a little bit of everything" because, apart from the bag, you have seen it all before.

My thinking went like this: the forecast was warm and so I wanted to avoid wearing a jacket for my first outing of the day, which was a quick trip to the Bullring to buy something for a photo shoot that I am doing on Saturday - hence the layers.  I needed to be "hands free" though as I had the little one in tow and I didn't want to put her in the pushchair,so that meant the cross body bag - added to which the colours in it pulled the outfit together.

Later on in the day we did Waitrose followed by a trip to feed the ducks and then on to the Botanical Gardens near to us.  I swapped my red shoes when I did the ducks and the Botanical Gardens trips as I wanted to be able to run properly, should the need arise.  So on went the sequin converse.  It was also getting chilly by then so on went the navy blue parka too.

I decided to roll the jeans up really just to give a different look to them.  For me, the outfit did the job -warm, practical and easy to adapt later on in the day.  OK so the shoe adaptation wasn't perfect but as a Mum on the Run, sometimes I have to make compromises - or spend the entire day changing outfits!

Outfit: Jeans Gap real straight, Long sleeved coral top French Connection, Denim shirt Gap, V neck jumper White Company, Bag Cath Kidston, Shoes Kurt Geiger.