Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Mum on the Run - Khaki Cargos

"Mummy, I'm a little bit of a handful." These are the wise words just uttered by our three year old. Oh yes, how right she is!

Before I get on to today's outfit, I am going to tell you about my foray into the arena of coloured jeans.  Coloured jeans are everywhere this season and J Brand has them in many colours.  Zara has a great pair of pink jeans which, amazingly, are cut for women who actually have thighs!  I couldn't decide whether I liked them or not. The fit was good and the style suited me but then I could just anticipate the words of my husband -"You look like a flamingo" and that did it for me.  That and the fact that I thought I might be treading on the fashion toes of our twelve year old.  Oh, all right then, let's be honest - embarrassing and humiliating her in front of her friends.  If I was single and childless it may be a different matter.  It may be the case that as the season progresses I may change my mind on the jeans (not the husband and children) but for now - not so good.

So on to today's outfit - khaki cargos, which are a wardrobe staple this season.  These are from Gap and slightly less fitted than I would normally go for - partly because I am between sizes but also because I don't like things too tight in the warmer weather.  I have rolled them up and put them with a white T from Zara (which has a frill on my right shoulder) and which again is a little less fitted than I would normally choose, pink shoes and my Cath Kidston bag.  I was so comfortable.  When someone invents clothes that feel a size too big but look as though they fit like a glove - then we are talking!