Pages

Monday, 27 February 2012

Mum on the Run - Day time sparkles (and lots of them)!



Isn't it lovely to have some warmer weather? It was a nice feeling, lightening it all up by swapping the boots for sparkly converse, adding a scarf in "this season's" colours and layering a new white shirt under my favourite sparkly jumper. The outfit was a bit full on sparkly but hey, the sun was out! I am happy to wear skinny trousers but if I have flat shoes on with them, I have to limit the "dumpy" factor by keeping the trousers as dark as possible!

On the subject of sparkles, and tops in particular, I received a comment the other day from a lady who wasn't sure that sequins would go down too well at her village school in the Lake District. I promised that I would post a photo of a top that might be a good "dipping your toe in the day time sequins look" kind of top. It's from H&M, is machine washable at 30 degrees and costs £24.99.


To break it up a little, I would layer a white shirt underneath (why do I keep typing shite shirt?) or to actually hide it a little, a longer knit could be layered over the top and maybe even a scarf, so that all that would be visible would be a strip of sequins down the middle. It could still be worn with jeans and winter boots/wellies and a practical coat, keeping the look casual but a little bit fun and sparkly too - even in the day time.

Yesterday it dawned on me that I needed to up my game in preparation for my trip to London tomorrow for the photo shoot Woman & Home Magazine. By up my game I meant - do something with my monobrow, do something with my broken nails and sort out my skin. In order to deal with the latter, I lined up all of the free samples of face cream that I had and decided which one looked as though it would deliver maximum benefits in minimum time - a sort of protein shake but for the face. The Clarins serum won and I have been layering it on in the hope that it does something. I'm not sure what but something, anything, would be good. I don't know if it will work and in any event it could all be academic - I've heard that photoshop is very good - thank goodness.

I am not sure that I will be home in time to do a post tomorrow but I may tweet a few pics throughout the day instead and I will be back on Wednesday to fill you in on how it all went.

Today's outfit is: Trousers Cos, Gap (shite) shirt, Warehouse jumper, M&S pumps, Mango scarf, Mulberry bag.


3 comments:

  1. Loving that sequin jumper and your ideas to style it. Have a great day tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you on both counts. Loved your "jumping in the air" photos the other day. Hope the children approved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sequin jumper. Do you have any links to it as couldn't see it on h&m site. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.