Pages

Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Mum on the Run - Some yellow accessories as, in the words of the Beatles, here comes the sun!

I was off styling again today - my second model in two days, for the event next week.  I have four models in total and today I was working with an 18 year old girl who was lovely and brilliant to work with. We had a fab time in the shops and the great thing is that I can style her in all the trends that I wouldn't necessarily put the other models in - or wear myself.  As we walked into Topshop I turned to her and said "bet this is better than a normal Wednesday in sixth form." She just grinned.

I have decided to let you have a peep at a couple of the things that I bought yesterday as I just really love them! They are the accessories to go with an outfit from Preen at Debenhams - which was a really great range for the lady I was working with yesterday.  Anyway, as yellow is THE colour of the season, I thought that I would introduce these to the outfit...Apparently the shoes are really comfortable, despite their height. 


I pity anyone who comes to the door over the next few days.  I feel that it is my duty to give some of the clothes a whirl, just to see how they fit/fall/feel etc so there is a danger that at any given time I could be wearing palazzos, shorts, a dress, skirt, pink jeans, shirts, knitwear, blazers and any number of shoes and bags. Poor postman.

For myself, I thought that it would be nice to have an outfit of no black, either shoes or accessories, so I went for tan and navy instead. Given that I knew that I would be dashing around in the stores, I also went for comfortable footwear again.

What I am wearing: Tan Jones boots, Gap long and lean jeans (which need replacing but I haven't got round to it yet), Boden blazer and jumper, H&M snood, Stella & Dot necklace, Cath Kidston bag.

Off to town again tomorrow to style model number three...

11 comments:

  1. Nice bag and I love the yellow wedges!!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - the shops are a dangerous place to be right now!! Hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. I really love your outfits, they're so stylish and elegant but I think the Cath Kidston bags spoil the look a little. I hope I haven't upset you by saying so, I eagerly log in to see what you're wearing each day as you always look so lovely but I felt compelled to say something as you look so perfect otherwise. Thanks for sharing your looks with us, Therese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Therese - no, I don't mind you saying so at all! Feedback is always welcome. I have to say that I agree with you but I needed a hands free bag for styling and also I bought it with some money from my Grandma - so I kind of bought it because I knew she would like it - which makes me like it to. I love the psychology behind clothes!!

      Delete
    2. Sorry, there should have been another "o" on too!

      Delete
    3. Great to hear from you, you're right though, a hands free bag is handy when you're a mum - I love your Mulberry one. The blog is great, it really fills a gap, I love style but so many of the fashion blogs show unrealistic and often unaffordable clothes so it's great to see clothes for 30 something Mums. Thanks for replying. Therese.

      Delete
    4. I am so pleased that you like the blog and that it fills a gap for you. As you say, there are a lot of lovely clothes out there but so many are so expensive and really, in my opinon, it's just not necessary to spend a lot on clothes. I would love a Celine cross body bag but I think that Zara may be filling that gap instead!

      Delete
  3. I love yellow - despite Coco Channel saying that you should never wear it (what did she know!!) I have an old (should say vintage) yellow coat that really lifts my spirits. In fact I may wear it on the school run today - might have to get out of my tracky bots though they won't really 'go'.
    Looking forward to seeing some pictures from your fashion show.
    BTW, I just nominated you for a BiB Award on BritMums.
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the BiB Award nomination on Britmums - that is so lovely of you. I would love to see a pic of the yellow coat and yes, pictures will follow the event.

      Delete
  4. What an amazing job you have! I must say yellow does nothing for me but for those with olive skin tones it works nicely. I bought some beautiful Oasis jeans yesterday in long - they are so nicely fitted and feel more expensive that they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say I have never been a fan of yellow but I am warming to the idea of a bag or some shoes. Once yellow appears in the stores it makes me realise how many tones of it there are! Love the sound of your jeans - I really rate Oasis for their selection. Always good in a sale too!

      Delete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.