Pages

Monday, 27 August 2012

On the Run - Running away from away from the 11+ books in brogues

You know me - I love a good brogue, and a navy top, and a pair of jeans and oh look, here they are all  together!
 
I haven't worn this navy Cos top for a while but it has a little Peter Pan collar on it which is really cute.
 
Yesterday our son and I were hitting the books in preparation for his 11 plus exam in a couple of weeks. I though it only fair that I sat with him whilst he was doing the questions and I wanted to feel a bit "put together". For some reason - brogues do that for me. When I wear them I mean business!  
 
I think he learnt a lot - his vocabulary has certainly been broadened - mainly as a result of choice words and phrases on my part. 
 
The maths, english and verbal reasoning I get - that all makes sense and is useful in every day life. The non-verbal reasoning - what a total and utter waste of time. I would rather clean the windows than work out whether a whole load of shapes have been roated through 45 or 90 degrees in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction whilst shaded in a different way from the shapes next to them. We did have some laughs though!



This photo was taken on a trip to the newsagents as part of one of our "breaks". Having sat on a bench in the sun for a few minutes, I was encouraged by our son to return to the books - and I somewhat reluctantly followed. I love a bit of reverse psychology!



Here are a closer shot of the bag and cuff that I wore - the bag is the Orla Kiely (Bicester) one that I had from my husband for my birthday and the cuff is Hobbs NW3.


I can feel a whole brogue post coming on but thought that I had better give the shoes a rest for a while as I have been talking about them quite a lot recently!
 
Outfit: Gap high rise skinny jeans, Cos top, Dune cream brogues, bag and cuff as listed.


5 comments:

  1. Brogues...this is why I love your blog because for once I know that I am on the button! I ordered some fantastic brogues from Clarks last week. They are the Hamble Oak in Wine. Totally gorgeous and I think they'll look good with wide leg trousers and an arran knit. Took my inspiration from the new NW3 look book photos! My love of brogues harks back to my first pair aged 13 from dolcis..back in the day! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for his 11+ - My son did his this time last year. I still have dreams about the verbal reasoning questions........! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brogues but they don't seem to suit me any more. I wore them in my 20's, 20 something years ago and they suited me then but they're not working for me now for some reason - or maybe I've just not found my perfect pair. I like the cream brogues - nice colour choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for your brogues post. Following our shopping trip in April I bought a pale pink pair and have worn them to death and I want to replace them. I'll wait for your post first !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look for such article along time,today i find it finally.this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me .i will pay more attention to you ,i hope you can go on posting more such post, i will support you all the time

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.