Pages

Thursday, 23 August 2012

Style Guile Finds - Primark Pretties

I had a bit of an embarrassing incident today. I was at the opticians and there the optician was, staring into my eyes with the assistance of one of his implements - when he promptly dropped it right into my lap.
 
Given it was his piece of equipment, I didn't feel comfortable recovering it. But given it was in my lap, it would have been inappropriate for him to recover it. So we both sort of hovered over it - looking at it - neither of us quite being sure who had "right of way" when I think we both realised at the same time what was going on. He quickly withdrew his hand from my lap region and I grabbed it and handed it back to him. Disaster averted. Just.  
 
Anyway, yesterday I had 10 minutes in Primark - and I spotted these two pieces which found their way into my basket.  First of all, this navy blouse with black trim and pearl collar.
 
 
 

This is a closer look at the collar, which is really pretty. I bought a size 8 but am going to size up to a 10 as it is a bit snug. At £12 it's a great piece.




Dipping my toe in the water with the printed theme, I picked up this blazer, which cost £15.



This is a closer shot of the print - which contains navy, teal and white. There are going to be so many prints around this season that it may be a little early for me to commit all my eggs to this particular basket and I need to try it on with something other than my tracksuit bottoms before I reach a conclusion on it!


Now, these were my reason for going into Primark in the first place - navy brocade trousers.  Last year I bought some black jacquard Zara trousers and some spotty Topshop trousers - but this year its the turn of brocade.


So, armed with my clipping from a magazine, I went to the store to track them down for a closer look.  They weren't there but that didn't stop me! A call to Primark customer services resulted in a return call (impressive!) to tell me that they would be in stores from 1st October.  So, for anyone hunting these down - you may need to wait for a while - unless anyone wants to tell me differently!

And finally, moving away from Primarni and on to Chanel, this new colour "Suspicious" will be released tomorrow and it is billed as the plum/fuschia colour of the season.  Whilst I have received Chanel nail varnish as gifts (and would be very happy to give one as a gift) I don't think that I have ever bought any myself. Not that that would stop me from painting a little dab from a tester pot onto my nail and going to another counter to match it up.

Well if, as they say it's going to sell out, they don't need my pennies do they?!

 

11 comments:

  1. Ha ha, loved the incident at the opticians! Classic. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the situations I find myself in!

      Delete
  2. Those moments always seem to go in slow motion too!! Gorgeous chanel colour - I did buy one last winter, but I found it chipped more easily than my cheaper varnishes so I've not gone back! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha - thanks for the tip! I love shellac for staying power but my nails don't! And Rimmel quick dry because I'm too impatient to wait too long for it to dry. Which brands do you like?

      Delete
  3. Jacket is rather snazzy! Looking forward to seeing how you style it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I still haven't tried it on properly so it may not being staying - but even if this one doesn't, I am sure that another similar one will be!

      Delete
  4. Blouse is lovely. Saw the trousers in mag and they look really nice. Think the jacket will work well with your wardrobe as you wear a lot of trousers. Good pics. Ps. When my optician dies that bit when they come in really close I always have an urge to kiss him!! Very inappropriate!! Not even my type but his face is too nice nine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that made me laugh! I wonder if anyone ever has actually done that?! I will keep my eyes open for the trousers but my Primark visits are limited - I hate our store - the sooner it gets on line the better!

      Delete
  5. Ha!Ha! to the comment above - too true!

    I saw the new Chanel nail colours today in John Lewis. The whole collection (well 3 polishes) are gorgeous. Today was my first day out to the shops (Trafford Centre - shopping mecca!) in 6 weeks (post new baby & not-being-able-to-drive) & it was GREAT!

    Beth, as you are influencing the way I shop (i.e what am I going to wear rather than what would I like to wear in an ideal world with no children etc)I managed to put down any LKBennett shoes; anything patent, I even bypassed all Lola Rose jewellery in JL & all handbags & really thought about what I was buying. Hence, the Mac & jumper from Gap are now part of a wardrobe that I can actually wear in real-life. I did slip in one Mulberry-esque bag from M&S, but hey, it's cross body so ok for pushing the pram!

    BTW, Gap have a crazy promotion on, whereby if you spend £50, they knock £20 off at the till. I really had to think about it but it equated to about 33% off my items so not bad. They have some nice stuff it too. Love a good Primark shop - but that'll have to wait until school/nursery commences. The Manchester store requires several hours! I like the blazer though. Thanks for all the posts Beth - they're very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah - thanks for your lovely commment. I was so excited to hear about your shopping trip - I can just imagine how you felt! So pleased that you managed to get items that will work for you daily - and I hope that there will be room for the odd pair of LKB shoes or Lola Rose jewellery (you could swap for one of their scarves) in the not too distant future! Hope that you and your little one are well.

      Delete
  6. i was in primark yesterday and picked up the exact same shirt but in a size 6:) but, i got it for a fiver:) if your interested in differnt colours, go into priark soon to get them on sale:p

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.