Pages

Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Expert tips and recommendations for great products from a professional make-up artist

Recently I was lucky enough to work Carol Maye, a fantastic make-up artist.  I spent a great day with her on a photo shoot and she shared all sorts of hints and tips with me, which I thought that you may also like. So, Carol has kindly shared her top five tips and top five make-up products with us.

Tried and tested by a true (and independent) professional, you can rely on the fact that Carol understands where we are coming from - and where we are trying to go. So, over to you Carol!

"The secret of a beautiful face isn't an expensively assembled makeup bag or difficult application techniques - it's about using the right products in the right places to bring your natural beauty to the fore.


Mick Jagger videos, glamorous Hello shoots, Cosmopolitan, Red and Mail on Sunday features - these are some of the many freelance makeup jobs that I have done.
 
[Me with Robert Plant on a photo shoot!]
 

Women from Caprice and Coleen Rooney to Karren Brady and even Ashleigh and Pudsey have been prepared for photo shoots and red carpet events by me.
 


In over 20 years as a makeup artist I have learnt many techniques that can give the subtle enhancement that we want to achieve in our day to day lives.
I have put together 5 top makeup tips to help create a youthful, polished look.

1. Firstly foundation. Less is definitely more. Try using a lightweight tinted moisturiser only where you need coverage. Always leave the delicate skin underneath eyes uncovered. Foundation sits in and emphasises fine lines so can actually age you if used too liberally. For this reason go easy on the powder too.

2. Go for a cream blusher. Choose a colour similar to a natural flush and use on the apples of the cheeks to give your complexion a youthful glow.

3.Eyelash curlers used prior to mascara will open up and emphasise eyes without the need for an unflattering overload of mascara.

4. A dot of irridescent white powder on the inside corner of the eye, next to the tear duct will brighten and widen even tired eyes.

5. Finally a slick of lipstick in a punchier shade of your own lip colour will instantly add polish and give a look of youthfulness.

Five top products that I have found invaluable are:-

1.Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser by Liz Earle used regularly helps create the perfect fresh faced base for makeup.

2. Touche Eclat by YSL- yes the first and still the best of the light reflecting and brightening pens. Use wherever the skin looks greyish to wake it up. Also use as a highlight to give the illusion of fuller lips and lifted eyes.


3. Eye lash curlers by Shisheido or Shu Umuera - both will curl even the straightest lashes.

4. Posey cream blush by Mac gives a very natural looking flush that works for most complexions.


5. Great lash mascara by Maybelline - still one of the best available for giving natural looking, thick, lengthened lashes that can be layered up without clumping.

I hope that you have found my make-up tips and choice of products helpful.  If you would like to book a bespoke makeup lesson with me at my Edgbaston studio, please just follow the link to my website Carol Maye make-up"    
 
These are my sort of tips fantastic, easy to use but with maximum impact - thanks Carol!          



 
 













 


39 comments:

  1. I do not know whether it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering issues with your website. It appears as though some of the written text on your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This could be a issue with my internet browser because I've had this happen before.
    Kudos
    Also visit my web-site : Green Coffee Diet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious to find out what blog platform you have been utilizing?
    I'm experiencing some small security problems with my latest website and I'd like to find something more risk-free.
    Do you have any recommendations?
    my web site - Raspberry Ketone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there to all, since I am in fact eager of reading this blog's post to be updated regularly. It carries good material.
    Feel free to surf my page :: Acheter MitoslimLes régimes Mitoslim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there to all, since I am in fact eager of reading this blog's post to be updated regularly. It carries good material.
    my site > Acheter MitoslimLes régimes Mitoslim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not even understand how I ended up right here, but I believed
    this put up was good. I do not realize who you might be however certainly you are
    going to a well-known blogger if you happen to are not already.
    Cheers!
    Review my site ... Enduros Male Enhancement Review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome things here. I'm very happy to see your post. Thanks a lot and I'm
    looking ahead to touch you. Will you please drop me a mail?
    Here is my website stogeek.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hellο There. I found yοur wеblog
    the usage of msn. That is an extremely well wгitten
    article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read extra of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly comeback.

    Feel free to visit my website :: veloura.wordpress.com
    Also visit my blog post veloura, veloura cream, veloura reviews, anti aging veloura, anti aging cream veloura, bellagenix, bellagenix veloura, veloura cream, veloura &, bellagenix & veloura, veloura et bellagenix

    ReplyDelete
  8. My coder is trying to persuade me to move to .net from PHP.
    I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using WordPress on several websites for about a year and am anxious about switching to another platform.
    I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.
    net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress content into it?
    Any help would be really appreciated!
    My web-site ... www.greencoffeedr.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I usеd to be ѕuggesteԁ this blog by my соusin.

    I'm now not certain whether or not this publish is written by way of him as nobody else recognise such exact approximately my trouble. You're
    іncredіble! Thаnks!
    Review my homepage :: choowawa.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to “return the favor”.

    I'm trying to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!
    Here is my website ; perfumes baratos

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome post.
    Feel free to surf my blog post ... Best Wrinkle reducer

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gοt this sіte fгom my buddy who tοld me
    concerning this web site and now thiѕ time I am viѕiting this web page
    аnd reading veгy informаtiνe cоntent at this place.


    Taκe a look at mу ρage :: mitoslimreviews.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your
    blogs really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road. All the best

    Stop by my web site african mango plus

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am genuinely happy to glance at this web site posts which includes tons of helpful facts, thanks for providing such data.


    Here is my website Raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete
  15. At this moment I am going away to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming over again to read
    more news.

    Also visit my website :: Blast XL

    ReplyDelete
  16. For thoѕe who hаνe a very sore throat, you АRE sick.
    If it lasts in excеss of wеekly, or will get worse,
    or you staгt obtaіning other challenges, go see a medical doctor.


    Feel free to ѵiѕit my web site ..
    . white spots on tonsils sore throat swollen glands fever
    my site > 360fmtv.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's hard to find experienced people on this topic, however, you seem like you know what you're
    talking about! Thanks

    my website Nutra Burn 10 Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been blogging
    for? you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is fantastic, let alone the content!


    Also visit my webpage - mediawiki.spsnome.cz

    ReplyDelete
  19. An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do think that you ought to publish more on this subject, it may not
    be a taboo matter but typically folks don't speak about these issues. To the next! Best wishes!!

    My web blog buy total curve

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's not my first time to pay a quick visit this site, i am visiting this web site dailly and take nice facts from here every day.

    my page :: buy eazol

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have fun with, cause I dіscoverеd exactly whаt
    I was having a look for. Υou've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

    My page :: Webpage

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello, constantly i used to check webpage posts here early in the
    dawn, because i enjoy to gain knowledge of more and more.



    Feel free to visit my weblog buy virility ex

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?

    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no backup.
    Do you have any methods to stop hackers?

    Feel free to visit my weblog; genf20 plus label

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your website,
    how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped
    me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your
    broadcast offered bright clear concept

    my page: phen375 where to buy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am sure this article has touched all the internet users, its really really pleasant piece of writing on building up new weblog.


    Look into my webpage - bilimseldergi.Com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that's what I was looking for, what a data! existing here at this website, thanks admin of this site.

    My webpage :: provillus treatment

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after
    I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that
    over again. Anyway, just wanted to say excellent blog!



    my web page :: buy breast actives

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, this weekend is nice in favor of me, since this occasion i am reading this wonderful informative piece of
    writing here at my house.

    my website :: Buy Hgh energizer

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks to my father who shared with me regarding this webpage, this website is actually
    awesome.

    My page ... venapro supplement

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website
    yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. kudos

    my website - venapro reviews

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey exceptional blog! Does running a blog like this take
    a large amount of work? I have very little expertise in programming
    but I had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, should you have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off subject nevertheless I simply had to ask.
    Thank you!

    Also visit my web blog: http://www.releasingtherockstarwithin.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also
    am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; many of us have developed some nice practices and we are looking to trade methods with other folks, why not shoot me an email if interested.


    Check out my webpage :: capsiplex

    ReplyDelete
  33. I could not refrain from commenting. Very well written!

    Check out my blog ... www.malamutedealaska.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi there Dragon metropolis gamers...i appear back again to convey this
    hack worck really pretty properly and that i delight in me video game all the time.

    .thanckyou uploader...kep work up...bye all :;)

    Also visit my homepage; Dragon City Cheats

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome! Its genuinely amazing post, I have got much clear idea regarding from this post.



    Stop by my web site - buy semenax

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey there! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate!

    He always kept talking about this. I will forward this page to
    him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing!


    Feel free to visit my blog post :: idol lip

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks designed for sharing such a good thinking, article
    is nice, thats why i have read it completely

    Feel free to surf to my website: virility ex

    ReplyDelete
  38. Have you ever considered about adding a little bit more than just your
    articles? I mean, what you say is important and all. However imagine if you added
    some great images or videos to give your posts more, "pop"!
    Your content is excellent but with images and video clips, this website could definitely
    be one of the very best in its niche. Fantastic blog!
    Also see my web page - vuelos a sydney

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.