Pages

Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Style Guile Smile - I just love these shoes!

 
 


I have been coveting these shoes from Russell & Bromley since I first saw pictures of them a few months ago now. The trouble is that Russell & Bromely are having a new website built and it's not ready yet - so the images aren't that clear.

So, why do I like them? Because the heel on them is high, but not too high, and nor is it too thin.  A heeled loafer is more versatile than a court when it comes to wearing them with trousers and skinnies - and you can't go wrong with a bit of leopard print. 

The only deal breaker for me is the price. At £295 they are too expensive - so they can be added to the list of items for which I need to find less expensive alternative. I love that bit - the challenge. It's always so satisfying when you find them!


I was going to bring you a post today about my visit to the Boden pop up store in the Bullring.  I don't know about you, but for me a "pop up" store conjures up images of pop up Barbie tents.  However I can assure you that it isn't in the least bit pink and nor is constructed out of plastic rods and nylon. No, it looks very much like a "proper" shop to me.

So, the post would have been longer but for the fact that I have been so busy on amazingly exciting opportunities that have come my way, which have left me short of time.

Or would it be more accurate to say that I am short of time because I have spectacularly failed, even at this late hour, to label all of the children's uniform, or fill in forms for various activities and school trips (even the forms that should have been completed before term ended.) But, I am proud of my pump cupboard.  I reckon that we have a pair in every size from a small 8 to a large 4 - including half sizes. Now that's a shoe collection of which to be proud!

22 comments:

  1. so glad to hear that someone else is labelling last minute too - have spent most of today labelling anything and anyone that doesn't stay out of my way! Now almost ready for the big first day at secondary school tomorrow! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the first day at secondary school went well - and also that you don't do you labelling with an iron - poor children, getting in your way!

      Delete
  2. I have been lusting after those shoes since seeing them instore in early August- ditto re the price. Am looking forward to ou finding.the cheaper alternative! Happy hunting. Caroline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline - no doubt by now you will have seen the Next and Dune pairs - but I am holding out for better!

      Delete
  3. I agree they are fab....I adore animal print accessories, they go with everything...have just ordered an animal print belt to go with my ballet pumps but these shoes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claire - you are so right, you can't go wrong with a bit of animal print by way of accessories (and sometimes something more too.) I think that the Bet Lynch connotations have virtually gone now.

      Delete
  4. Those are beauties but see what you mean about the price tag. Anyone wanting to get some leopard print in at a fraction of the cost should check out New Look's leopard print slippers - they are very similar to more expensive brands at a snip of the price. Oh, and I also have some leopard print mini heels from Office which are also a bit easier on the pocket.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your top tips Michelle. Let me know if you buy any!

      Delete
  5. I've seen these too and thought they were gorgeous. I hope you get your hands on something similar Beth.

    Joanne

    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne - how are you? Hope that you are keeping well. I certainly will know if I find anything similar worth investing in. I'm sure that some will crop up somewhere at some point.

      Delete
  6. Love these!
    check out my blog
    http://theevolutiontheopposite.blogspot.com.au/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie - thanks for that, I certainly will do so.

      Delete
  7. They are beauties. Hurry up...work your magic and find a budget pair! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying but I have bunting to iron!!! Mind you the front step has had three coats of paint so I am doing well so far. (Famous last words)

      Delete
  8. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say that you've done a very good
    job with this. In addition, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Safari.
    Outstanding Blog!
    Here is my blog :: weight management programs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this blog. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say that you've done a
    very good job with this. In addition, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Safari.

    Outstanding Blog!
    My website - weight management programs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing! Its really amazing paragraph, I have got much clear idea about from this piece of writing.


    Stop by my web page american eagle swimming suits

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how could
    i subscribe for a blog web site? The account aided me
    a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast provided bright clear idea

    my web site ... property to Rent in soweto

    ReplyDelete
  12. Instead, we'd love a way to counter the iPhone's usability and
    seamless integration of service and software, desktop and mobile, and media and internet.


    My page; sexchat

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in fact happy to glance at this website posts
    which contains plenty of helpful information, thanks for providing these data.


    Feel free to visit my page; additional resources

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello There. I found your blog using msn.
    This is a very well written article. I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your helpful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.

    Visit my weblog ... Source

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you are doing something sensitive on fleshlight your phone during your train ride what but
    a pair of white LED s and the speakerphone port. With the
    fleshlight cyber skin sex toy,
    you can still communicate your issuesand concerns.
    Since liver performs many critical functions in the body of the handset
    is comprised of three key facilities: the object-oriented, type-safe, multi-threaded, network-aware,
    secure programming language, the software development community like no other.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.