Pages

Friday, 14 September 2012

Mum on the Run - A day out with the Fold in London

Yesterday I had a day out in London - and what a day it was!
 
Along with Amanda Start (the Online Stylist) and Victoria (Feathers & Frills) I was invited by Push PR, who represent The Fold, to style some of their fantastic dresses.  We were also joined by Jo and Eva - the winners of the competition run by the Fold. Greeted with champagne and cupcakes, I knew that we were in for a treat.
 
We had three looks to style: something for the weekend, power hour and social butterfly.
 
This was my something for the weekend look. The beautiful Oxford dress in coral with the Le Marais blouse in ivory layered underneath it. .
 

Accessorised with a black patent belt, black heeled Rockport loafers and a teal bag, it felt fantastic and I loved the style of the dress. Great for a cold Sunday afternoon.


Grace the photographer took lots of shots of us outside - but for this shot I turned the camera on the ladies directing us.



This was the outfit that I wore for the "social butterfly" look. It's a sample dress in a really beautiful fabric, which was incredibly warm. The style is called camelot and it's available in winter white and navy.


I accessorised the dress with velvet peep toe shoes and a bright clutch, plus a fierce necklace which I wore as a bracelet to contrast with the "prettiness" of the dress.

The neat fitted top half, three quarter length sleeves, nipped in waist plus a little volume in the skirt make it a really flattering style for lots of ladies.

 

Clearly the sign in the background is a reference to my age!


This is the lovely Leah at work - doing her best to make me look glamourous!



And here's the beautiful Amanda, looking as glamourous as you might expect! She has the most amazing blue eyes and her make-up is beautiful. Great red lips!


Here's Victoria from Feather & Frills looking sultry in the Rockefeller dress in merlot Can't wait to see the offical photos of this outfit. It will be stunning.


Here are Jo and Eva - celebrating winning the competition in style!


This is a beautiful shot of Jo, also in the Rockefeller dress...


...and Eva in the Camelot, which looked stunning on her. Such a beautiful lady!


 Now this fab lady works for Push PR and PR is her perfect job! We watched her virtually stop traffic so that shots could be taken and also charm the staff at a restaurant - persuading them to let us use their tables for a location shot. Larger than life, she flicked her hair, batted her eyelashes and charmed everyone.
 

This is Polly - the founder of the Fold. I think my best question of the whole event was directed at Polly. Still establishing who was who, I asked her for how long she had been involved with the Fold. She was very gracious in her answer!



Here we are left to right, Polly (the Fold!), Amanda (the Online Stylist) , Kathy (the Fold) Victoria, me, Kat (Push PR)
 
 


Thanks to everyone from the Fold and Push PR for organising the event. Special thanks to Kat from Push PR for all her hard work in organising the outfits and shoes, to Polly for leaving her first career to pursue her real passion and to Amanda - for asking Push PR to invite me along in the first place. So kind! And to Frankie, the whizz on Instagram, Twitter and all things that confuse me! I only hope that I haven't left anyone out.

20 comments:

  1. Oooo just looked at Thd Rockefeller dress, £275, way out of my price range! Lovely dress. I like the Camelot one on you, really suits you. Not sure about the first one, maybe without the blouse underneath? Looked a wee fussy for you but I'm only going off that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a fun time!

    I'm liking both dresses they look fab on you. I think I need to have a look at their website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great event! Very happy for the ladies who won it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks to you all. It was great fun and not only were the dresses beautifully made but they were warm too. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am genuinely happy to glance at this web site posts which contains plenty of valuable
    facts, thanks for providing these data.

    My web blog here i found it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there this is kind of of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have
    to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    My web site: fitness watch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using
    for this site? I'm getting tired of Wordpress because I've had problems with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    my weblog :: flash memory store complaints

    ReplyDelete
  8. Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i
    own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot
    of spam remarks? If so how do you protect against it,
    any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any help is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to visit my web page lyrics the silicon chip inside her head

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gday. I was thinking of adding a backlink back to your site since both of our web sites are
    primarily based around the same topic. Would
    you prefer I link to you using your website address: http://www.
    blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4522105158819354251&postID=51626638123342835 or
    blog title: Blogger: Style Guile. Please let me know at your earliest convenience.
    Cheers

    Also visit my blog post; cartoon pictures of ballet shoes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please let me know if you're looking for a article author for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd absolutely love
    to write some material for your blog in exchange for a link
    back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
    Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my web blog www.biancahester.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings from California! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your website on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you present here and can't wait to take a look when I
    get home. I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm
    not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, very good site!


    my page :: investment property insurance cost

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform
    are you using for this website? I'm getting sick and tired of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    My page: affordable short term housing nyc

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good day! I know this is kinda off topic however I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
    My website addresses a lot of the same topics as yours
    and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other.
    If you might be interested feel free to shoot me an email.

    I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!


    Also visit my web page: vacation rentals by owner colorado river

    ReplyDelete
  14. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea shell and
    gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic
    but I had to tell someone!

    Also visit my page ... corporate housing calgary alberta

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredible! I'm truly enjoying the layout of your web site. Are you using a customized theme or is this freely available to all individuals? If you don't want
    to say the name of it out in the general public, please make sure to email me at: vilmaburr@bigstring.
    com. I'd really enjoy to get my hands on this template! Cheers.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog :: far cry 3 all memory cards reward

    ReplyDelete
  16. Incredible! I'm truly enjoying the layout of your web site. Are you using a customized theme or is this freely available to all individuals? If you don't want to say the name of it out in the general public, please make sure
    to email me at: vilmaburr@bigstring.com. I'd really enjoy to get my hands on this template! Cheers.

    Visit my webpage far cry 3 all memory cards reward

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with
    SEO? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results.
    If you know of any please share. Many thanks!


    Here is my homepage - sunbelt appliance repair atlanta ga

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dеffo was nοt thе sоrt of thіng I ωas
    preԁicting:'(

    my web site; personal loans uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey just happened upon your blog from Google after I typed in, "Blogger: Style Guile" or something similar (can't quite remember exactly). Anyways, I'm relieved I found it
    simply because your content is exactly what I'm looking for (writing a university paper) and I hope you don't mind if I collect some information from
    here and I will of course credit you as the source.
    Thank you very much.

    My website: yokohama

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that
    over again. Regardless, just wanted to say great blog!

    Feel free to visit my web blog: appliance repair parts houston

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.