Pages

Sunday, 2 September 2012

Mum on the Run - An afternoon at Harvey Nichols. What more could a girl want?

Yesterday afternoon I was lucky enough to spend a very pleasant few hours at a bloggers' event, which was held at Harvey Nichols in Birmingham.
 
We were treated to some dishes from their new menu, plied with champagne and cupcakes, a fashion show and a beauty treatment. Can there be a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon?  In all honesty I felt guilty being away from the children but then I have spent the whole summer with them - so they are probably sick of me anyway!
 
 

A photographer was there to take pictures during the event and he was good enough to take these pictures for me on my camera - though I shall be bringing you some of his professional shots later in the week.

In all honesty, I wasn't quite sure what to wear and having done the gymnastics run and other jobs, I didn't have much time to decide. As it was a lunchtime event, it didn't require anything too dressy and nor did it require anything to summery - given that we were looking at the A/W trends. 

So, I decided to go for an A/W theme but without any black - don't ask me why!  The berry cords from GAP had their first outing and I teamed them with a kingfisher blue silk H&M shirt, berry coloured NW3 shoes, grey studded Topshop belt and grey Mulberry bag.

I was comfortable, the temperature was right and I didn't feel too underdressed or overdressed, so all was well. I had a lovely afternoon chatting with other bloggers from the Midlands who all had lots of blogging hints and tips.



When I saw these Sophie Hulme bags I virtually pounced on them. I love Sophie Hulme and her bags are fabulous - they are just so elegantly simple and chic. The picture below is of Sophie's leather tote bag (£580) which also comes in black (£550).



This is Sophie's leather satchel, (£255) which also comes in yellow and blue.


We also had a sneak preview (and taste) of some of Harvey Nichols' Christmas gifts. This gift, which is exclusive to HN caught my eye. Shaped like something from Apple...


....it contains four bars of delicious chocolate. Sorry, I forgot to get an idea of the price - too busy eating the chocolate!


So, as to the comment from the photographer on Friday about my double chin.  Having taken some shots, he came up to me with a bemused look on his face and showed me the picture on his camera. He then said to me: "It looks to me as though you have a double chin on this shot - is that right and is there anything you can do about it?"

My thoughts were: "Errr, yes, it is a double chin and short of having some incisions somewhere, no, there isn't anything that I can do about it."

In fact it was much worse than that as a double chin is made up of excess fat, which can be lost. What I have is a little slackening going on and no amount of creams, lotions and potions are going to make a difference to that - that's gravity and other things for you. And frankly, I don't mind a bit!

30 comments:

  1. You certainly do not have a double chin, not even a hint of turkey saggy-ness around your jawline. And who cares what our chins look like I would much rather spend my money on a Sophie Hulme tote bag than any stupid cosmetic surgery.

    Teresa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa - I am with you all the way! Bags over surgery any day!

      Delete
  2. Lovely chatting yesterday. What a fabulous way to spend and afternoon, fashion, beauty, food and festive treats! I loved your outfit colour combination perfect for an afternoon of treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa - it was a great way to spend an afternoon wasn't it? Great to catch up with you. Glad you approved of the colour combo!

      Delete
  3. Beth, you look fabulous as always! and as for that photographer....he needs to get some manners, how rude! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liverpool Lass! I think the photographer was more bemused than rude to be honest - and I think it was luck that the outfit worked!

      Delete
  4. Great way to spend an afternoon - love your outfit, esp the Gap cords! Cheeky 'tog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Honor, I have bought another sneaky pair today too! 30% off makes them a bargain. I like the phrase "Cheeky 'tog"!

      Delete
  5. It was a great afternoon! You look fabulous in your photos, I have no idea what the photographer is on about - silly man.

    I missed that Sophie Hulme satchel, the navy is gorgeous.

    Luxx Mint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - yes it was fun wasn't it? Roll on Style Birmingham. Loved your outfit combo too! Yes the Sophie Hulme satchel is a bit of winner isn't it?!

      Delete
  6. I would never have thought that colour combination would work. I'd have just put the blue blouse with a neutral bottom half which is probably why you are a super successful style blogger and stylist and I'm not! Is there an index of bloggers anywhere? I just pick them up from the comments on your posts and the blogs you and schoolgatestyle love. Yours is definitely one of my favourite three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Your comments are too kind - I took my inspiration from Aston Villa! As for an index of bloggers - I am not sure. There's the 100 UK top fashion bloggers which might be worth a look at. I will have a further think too.

      Delete
  7. Great colour top - it really suits you. :)
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph - ah, thanks! Good to hear from you!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous outfit-that colour looks fab on you! Is the top a/w collection as I WANT one!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! The top was S/S I am afraid but H&M seem to repeat that style, and may also repeat the colour. It's 100% silk and cost around £30/£35 - just in case you want to keep your eyes open. I will too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ονerheаtіng happens when place of work ρroductѕ gets old and electгonic factors breаk
    down. Α peгson of іtѕ mοѕt еffеctіνe variаtionѕ iѕ
    thе Βoѕch Pro Enеrgy Cylindеr Vacuum Cleаner, which haѕ traditional, substantiаl enԁ сomponents to гeally givе you а еxсеptiоnal cleanse.

    Diffеrent varіeties of cooκіng utensilѕ aгe vегy cгucіаl to cook dinner foοԁ.



    My page freemail9.net - freemail9.net
    Also see my web site - 4-slice toasters at walmart - freemail9.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy loоking through an article that will make mеn and women think.
    Αlsо, thanκ yоu foг реrmitting me to
    comment!
    Also visit my homepage - earnwhere.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy looking through an аrticle thаt will make men аnd women think.
    Alѕο, thank you for pегmitting me
    to comment!
    Also see my web page :: earnwhere.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?
    I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
    Any tips?

    Feel free to visit my blog; bathroom tile

    ReplyDelete
  14. Τhis is a sleek designed digitаl сonvectiοn tοasteг oven that will consistentlу
    deliver perfect tasting food every time. That's right, no buying that sorry excuse for pizza dough at your local grocery store; we're talkіng the real dеal here.
    Top the dough ωith olive oil or cooκing ѕpraу, and scoop the onion mixture over
    іt еvenly.

    my web-site ... the pizza pan akron

    ReplyDelete
  15. It іѕ аctually a chеf's phrase for 'a poѕition fοr evеrything аnd all in itѕ place'. You will probably be in a position to attain preferred regard and track record with assistance of your toughness and bravery. In 1915 the wormwood was taken out and the liqueur diluted to its present-day power.

    Review my web blog ... cloudytags.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do accept as true ωіth all the
    іԁeaѕ yοu havе intгoԁuсed for yоur poѕt.
    Thеy агe very conѵincing and can dеfinitely ωorκ.
    Still, thе posts arе ѵery ѕhoгt fοr bеginners.
    Could you pleasе prοlong them a little from subsequent tіme?
    Thank you fοr the post.

    my wеb blog: Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  17. What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this І've discovered It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to contribute & help different users like its aided me. Good job.

    Look into my homepage ... chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering issues with your website. It looks like some of the text on your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a problem with my browser because I've had this haрpen bеfore.
    Thank you

    Here is mу wеblog: blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I аm regulaг visіtor, how arе you
    eveгyboԁy? This paragraph pοsted at thiѕ sіte
    iѕ in fасt nісe.



    Also visit my ωeblog Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thiѕ агtіcle will hеlp the іnteгnеt useгs for setting
    up new weblоg oг even a wеblog from stаrt to
    end.

    Fеel fгее tо surf to
    my web pagе ... Chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  21. І've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's prеtty worth enough for mе.
    In my vieω, іf all sitе ownerѕ
    аnd bloggегs mаde good сontеnt as you
    did, the web will be a lot moгe useful than
    eѵeг beforе.

    Also νisіt my pagе ... augen lasern

    ReplyDelete
  22. Like many peοple, I lіκe to get a prepared сarry out pizza occasіonally.
    Cоοk the chicken first in a little olive
    οil - cut the сhicken into little cubes. You
    hаve to shake over the paddle of the oρenhandeԁly by taking use of the corn meal & then you haѵe to put bread on the paԁdle аheаd
    of mіxіng toppings within it.

    Also viѕit my site :: pizza stone

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good day! I just wish to give an enormous thumbs up for the
    nice information you’ve got here on this post. I might be coming back to your blog
    for more soon.

    Visit my web blog ... cheap cherry bomb glass packs

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.