Pages

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Spring time outfits for chilly days - denim, denim and a little more denim!

 

In continuing with the theme of how to keep the chill at bay, whilst looking fresh for spring, fabrics are often key. I really like this denim top from GAP (sold out online but I have found some alternatives below) as it's great for layering things underneath, or indeed over, as in the case of this jacket from Boden which I'm wearing (also sold out from what I can gather). I would try and find an alternative but I'm doing this in a hurry - so sorry! I also layered a vest and a short sleeved T under the denim top so in total I had four layers on but hopefully the yellow jacket kept it the right side of spring like.

As I mentioned, I've found some alternatives to the GAP top as follows:

Zip back denim T from Oasis (£30)


Madison T by Oasis (£30)


Hayley denim T Oasis (£30)

 
We're having a break at the moment in Brighton where today it was sunny! I'm living out of a capsule wardrobe which, so far has worked out fine. When we're back I'll bring you some photos but in the meantime, I thought that this article in the Telegraph was fantastic and I would encourage everyone to read it. It's about the Return of the Classics to our wardrobes and makes for an interesting and reassuring read!