Pages

Friday 9 March 2012

On the Run - A China Blue Printed Cos Dress


It's probably fairly obvious by now that I have a bit of a thing about Cos. Not everything is for me but I love it when I spot something in there which I am unsure as to how it might look when on. Even if it does turn out to be a disaster I still find it fun. This was one such dress (hopefully without the disaster element!)  I loved the print, the stiff fabric and the inverted pleat in the centre back.  The high neck and elbow length sleeves were right up my street but despite its simple design, I still wasn't sure how it might all come together (or not!)

Without the belt (see below) it is very trapeze like in shape - fitted on the shoulders then flaring out in a rather triangular like fashion.  I really liked it that way and concluded that it would be a fab dress to wear for a Mother's Day lunch out when pudding really would be the order of the day!

However, when belted, as above, it took on a completely different feel -  more fitted and more formal than without the belt.  The belt that I have used here is a wide blue belt from Reiss in almost exactly the same shade of blue as the dress.




I then swapped the belt for a pink skinny one from Hobbs, which I think makes it slightly less dressy than the blue belt but slightly more dressy than without a belt at all.

Obviously the shape isn't for everyone and I really need to wear heels with it to make it work as best it can but I like it and it is nice to find something different out there.

I am away for the weekend so will try to post tomorrow from the Welsh mountains. I am not sure how successful I will be but if nothing appears, it's not for the want of trying. Have a great weekend.