Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

On the Run: Spring Tops: more grey marl!

Yesterday I started a feature which I am going to run for the rest of the week. It is designed to show you some spring tops which have a little something extra about them, whether in terms of colour, design, print or styling.  With the warmer weather approaching, we are getting ready to cast aside our heavier knitwear but we still need a little warmth in our clothes. 

Yesterday I featured a grey cotton knit from M&S, as shown below.  We are often told that grey marl is the way forward if we want a hugely versatile top in our Wardrobe. Whilst I don't necessarily disagree, I do think that grey can be a hard colour to wear and so I particularly liked this one from the Limited Collection at M&S which had some lace across it - adding a little something in terms of breaking up the "greyness" but without taking away any of its versatility.


My second top is also a grey sweat/knit but this one has a printed front and a scoop at the back.  There is no doubt that the addition of these features take away from its versatility but it would still work well with trousers and jeans - probably more of the 7/8th length or skinny variety rather than bootcut jeans but possibly both. In some ways the scoop at the back makes it an attractive proposition  as a bit of coverage in the bottom area can be a good thing!


This top is from Cos and is available for £45. It won't be everyone's cup of tea but I like the mix of the bright yellow and neon pink and it's certainly falls into the category of being a little bit different.

The shoes that I am wearing are from the Limited Collection range at M&S and cost £25. I quite fancied a slingback for a change and they weren't too much of a financial commitment for a first foray. (Nor are they too high - which is also nice!)