Pages

Tuesday, 8 May 2012

On the Run - An H&M coat, some shiny new converse and what to do with the hair?

So after the madness of yesterday as a result of the DailyMail article I thought today would be a quiet one. How wrong could I be?!

Before we go into any of that though, I would just like to say thank you to everyone who got in touch to say how much they liked the article.  I also wanted to say "hello" to anyone who liked my facebook page and started to follow me on twitter - it's lovely to have you along.

As a result of some random look on twitter this morning, I realised that the finalists for the Brilliance in Blogging Awards had been announced and, peeping through one eye again (not good for the wrinkles) I was thrilled to see that Style Guile was one of the eight finalists in the Style category.  I am in some great company and wish lots of luck to all of the other finalists. The winner will be announced at the BiBs conference in June.

After that I was a bit of a dither so didn't manage to write much of the post I am doing for Boden but I have a poorly boy on my hands anyway so I was kept pretty busy trying to make him comfortable until...I had an email to say that Marks & Spencer would like me to work as a stylist for them in store.  Our eldest has this great plan for me to become the stylist on their adverts as that way I will get to meet Gary Barlow. I like her thinking! So, all in all that made for quite an exciting day.

As you can see, the navy H&M coat is coming into its own.  I think that it has nearly paid for its £24.99 self already.

On Saturday I wore it with my Hobbs spotty dress, which was quite a smart look.

On Monday, I wore it with black biker boots when going out for a walk with the girls in the rain.



I have to say that I am pretty impressed with the Primark lilac nail varnish that I bought the other day. It has lasted just as well as any of the more expensive brands. I may find that I need some industrial strength nail varnish remover to remove it.  I also pinched this coral H&M satchel from our eldest.  Well, if she will leave things lying around in the kitchen...


On Tuesday (this is all starting to sound a bit like "the Very Hungry Caterpillar" isn't it?) we only nipped out briefly and so the coat came out again, this time with the new converse and the Lola Rose scarf. 

Our eldest has her eye on the converse. When she asked me what size they were I replied "my size" which, sadly, also happens to be her size.


And here's a closer pic of the converse, which I fear won't be mine for very long.


I decided that in the shots of what I was wearing today my hair looked too much like a toupe so I have abandoned them. It is at that stage where I need to decide either to grow it or to keep it short but irrespective of that, it needs to be taken to the hairdressers. Problem is I don't have the time to go - shame I just can't hand it over to someone else to sort out for me. Any offers?

18 comments:

  1. Thats the 1 thing with having 2 boys - they will never want my clothes :-)!

    I think i would like a job that involved gary Barlow too ( not that i would ever call that work as such!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Amanda. Mind you, I can pinch the odd thing from Flo too - such as the coral satchel, so it cuts both ways I guess. I agree - spending time with Gary Barlow - that's not work!!

      Delete
  2. Well done Beth on being a finalist in the BiB awards! It makes all the time and effort put in worthwhile! Hope your son is better soon...I went through that myself sometime ago and it is not nice! Good luck with the M&S job too, that sounds brilliant! You will certainly be kept very busy:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne - lovely to hear from you. Hope that all is well. Yes, I remember when your daughter had a virus - not nice is it. Thanks re the M&S work - sounds fun and yes, busy too. The BiBs could be a good weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting news re M&S!
    I do like that coat, the more I see it, the more I am tempted!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy - you'll be seeing it again today! Give it a whirl - it comes in grey too so that may be worth investigating.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow. The M&S job sounds brilliant, well from my point of view it does.I hope you'll be able to fit it in to your hetic life as I'll be booking in !
    How warm is the H&M coat ?
    Celia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Celia - I have to say I am slightly concerned about fitting it all in but I am sure it will all work out. Fingers crossed. The H&M coat is warm enough for this time of year with a light knit underneath.

      Delete
  6. Well done on another exciting day!! We are all going to need some bubbles by the end of this week I think :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan to me! Hope your week is going well - I am sure that it is.

      Delete
  7. Please let me know what you decide to do with your hair!! I'm at that horrible in between stage - I was convinced I was going to grow it but everyone including my Husband says they like it short so why should I bother with the pain of growing it long??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, now you see I asked my H what to do and he said that as I had had short for so long perhaps I should grow it. Given he's never expressed an opinion on my hair in all the time that I have known him I thought that I should take notice. Knowing him though it was probably a completely off the cuff remark and he wouldn't even remember saying it! Reckon it will get the chop though.

      Delete
  8. Hello Mrs G. For what it's worth, I think your hair looks ab fab short. You are in that enviable position of being able to carry a pixie-ish cut and still look v feminine! Is also a bit away from the norm, long, straight locks that one sees so much. It's your signature look! Have it cut. See you soon. Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's the answer then. Tried to make an appt y'day but as I was on the phone Freddie started gagging (not at me!) so abandoned call! Yes, see you soon. xx

      Delete
  9. Go shorter still, a la Judi Dench! I did and have never regretted it.

    Sheila J

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was v short in January at the Marie Claire blog awards - think it was a bit drastic then but a chop is in order methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Beth, I stumbled across your blog/website yesterday, hooray for me!!! I am really enjoying reading and getting tips from you, thank you. I love the colour of your converse above, could I ask what the colour and style are please?
    Thanks
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi I am so glad I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while I was searching on Yahoo for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would
    just like to say many thanks for a fantastic post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read
    it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep
    up the excellent b.

    Feel free to visit my web page; Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.