Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

Mum on the Run - Boden Beauties!

Some of you may have noticed that I've been away for a while. With the eldest two and my husband off ski-ing, the youngest and I paid my Dad a visit in Guernsey. I decided not to put the gale force winds, rain and cold to a "fash off" knowing that I would lose. There's no point pretending it's spring when it's 2 degrees outside. No instead our luggage, which weighed in at 19.6kg (our allowance was 20kg - that could have been embarrassing), contained jeans, the warmest jumpers I own, fur gillets, wellies, coats, hats, scarves and gloves.  The youngest wore it well. Whilst down there, I did a radio interview and wrote an article for W&H Magazine. Having done that I felt that it would have been rude to blog - but it's good to be back.
 
 
Before I went away, I received a few parcels. I shared the contents of the Ash one but didn't get a chance to open the Boden one. I like to do these things when I have time to enjoy them, which wasn't the case before we all went away. Whilst getting ready to go away, does anyone else get the urge to wash all of the bed linen, the bath towels and the kitchen towels too - just because it would be  nice to come back to everything clean? Why do we do that to ourselves?!!!
 
This was one of the items. A Johnnie B jacket which I wrote about a few posts ago. I've given it a quick try on and, so far so good. This one is an age 15/16 and it's quite roomy. The sleeves are also long enough for me which was a bonus. It's much warmer than the Zara and Anthropologie ones I have tried, which wouldn't work for everyone but for me that's good.
 

I also have this cashmere jumper to try on. I really liked it in the lemon and grey colour way too, so it may yet get exchanged. I liked the detail at the neckline and it will definitely do a great job of moving my jeans and darker trousers towards spring. And when I get the coral gap trousers on that I've just bought - well, it will definitely be time to reach for those sunnies.


Whilst at Guernsey airport this morning, I saw a lady looking really beautiful in this Guernsey style jumper (£41.40 to £48.30), which I recognised as being from Boden. She wore it with a navy scarf and navy trousers (I think), together with a the Boden rainy day mac. We got chatting and it transpired that she loved Boden and had lots of pieces from them. So, hello to Maggie from Northampton, who also had the Boden pouch bag (below) but in yellow, which looked great with the jumper - it was lovely to chat to about one of my favourite brands on one of my favourite islands.




My Dad is a bit of a fashionista on the quiet and has just bought a really cool camouflage jacket from an army store. He also has an Osprey man bag for all his flying bit and bobs, a Barbour and yesterday when we went out he wore an amazing hand made jacket with a peacock blue lining, which the youngest commented on several times.

Anyway, I spotted this shirt in his bedroom and said that we had to get a photo of him in it, so yesterday we went down to the harbour and had a mini photo shoot on his boat. When he was working on the boat a while ago, he was approached by a photographer and two models who used it to take a whole stack of photos and he was told that the photos being taken were for the new catalogue. There's definitely some joke in there somewhere about Fat Face/Fat bellies etc but I can't quite extract it right now!

I think that the shirt is very similar to a liberty print. It's not this season's which is a shame but to be honest I was just relieved that it wasn't Boden's "Italian Stallion" shirt because no-one should write that about their father, whatever the context. Dad is also wearing the Boden chino trousers too.


Here he is wearing the Bloomsbury printed shirt which is this season's. When I did the photo shoot with the Boden staff there was one lady who regularly wore the men's shirts, even though she was quite petite. So for anyone looking for a printed shirt this could definitely be worth taking a look at. In fact, taking a look through lots of the prints, I have to say that I am quite tempted to give them a whirl.


This was just one of those magical moments that doesn't arrive very often but I thought that I would share it with you. High above the clouds, the sun shone!