Friday, 15 March 2013

Mum on the Run - An outfit for the weekend which is a welcome alternative to skinny jeans

At £18, these jersey tapered trousers from Next are just what I need to update my wardrobe.  Lovely and soft, they are not too loose but not too fitted either. Not quite black, but not quite grey or navy, they will go with lots of things. Don't be put off by the label on them which says "harem" - they're not, believe me, because frankly if they were, I wouldn't be writing about them.


Unless you are super leggy this style trouser looks better with heels, although given that they aren't too voluminous they are definitely more flattering than some styles.

I like the idea of them for an evening out and below I have given you a top, jacket and a couple of pairs of shoes from which to choose to go with them.

On the top half, the Chanel inspired tweed jacket could be swapped for a leather or a biker style jacket. The white silky T could be swapped for a simple vest style, or linen top and H&M has a great selection of tops with a bit of ruching over the tummy area.

Anyway, just an idea for the weekend - something a little bit sports luxe, not too far out there but a welcome change from skinny jeans - and surprisingly comfortable and flattering too. I just need somewhere to go now!





Tapered jersey trousers  from Next (£18)
 
M&S sandals (silver £45, blue £25)
 
Lurex tweed jacket (Warehouse £46)
 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for directing me to these Beth... will head to Next and try them on! Really need to get out of skinny jeans:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne, so lovely to hear from you. Hope that all is well with you and the family. These seem to be going down quite well so far so hopefully they will work for you. I have some to try on upstairs but I am not sure that the end of a weekend of indulgence is the right time to try them!

      Delete
  2. Hi Beth Really enjoy your blogs. I have these trousers from Next but I haven't worn them yet because the fabric is quite light I can't see me getting into them until the weather is warmer - any comment from you on that as I know you feel the cold too! The other thing is that I don't (can't) do heels so I am likely to wear the trousers in a more casual way with flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for dropping by, it's lovely to hear from you. As for warming these trousers up a little, I would try anything and just see how they look/feel - so leggings, thermals, heat tec from Uniqlo, cotton or wool tights (even with the feet chopped off)! As long as there isn't an issue with static and as long as they look OK you'll be fine. If nothing works however, you may just have to hang on for the warmer weather! As for shoes, for now you could try the smoking slipper style or when the weather warms up, flat gold/silver sandals (Dune is normally good)or the white block heel ones from Clarks I wrote about a few posts ago but in the snake print option (black/grey) or a similar style but in a brighter coral/turquoise/yellow colour. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. Oh like the look of these - but I too would probably wear flats with them for an everyday look. Any ideas for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Honor - as it now time that I was bathing the five year old and getting her ready for bed, would you mind if I directed you to the above answer re the flat shoe issue? Thanks and thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. I really like these Beth. Like Anne, I'm also looking to get out of skinny trousers and these look like they'd fit the bill. Thanks for letting us know about them. Will definitely check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen - ooh, that's good to hear. I think that several people have tried them so perhaps we will have to have a round up at the end of the week to see how everyone got on. I have the navy ones to try and another lady has the navy and charcoal ones to try. The black look good too! Hope all good with you. x

      Delete
  5. I have the black and navy ones - they are so comfortable! Bought them with a view to just wearing around the house instead of joggers but you are inspiring me to try them out with shoes(definitely flats for me) and venturing outside!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.