Pages

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Mum on the Run - one pair of jeans, one pair of shoes, four tops - your spring wardrobe sorted!

Take one pair of Gap sexy boyfriend jeans (£49.95) - if you don't like the finish there are other options...


add in one pair of Mango leather strap ankle sandals (£59.99) (Mum you can wear your new Hotters)...


...if these are too high or you don't like the ankle strap look my earlier post on Clarks shoes for alternative non ankle strap/lower block heel options, which as we all know is where it's at right now.

Work in one of the tops below for an outfit which you should be able to wear on a day coming to you, sometime soon!!! Not jumpers, not skimpy vest like tops, these are tops that you could wear with the above two pieces to take you from day to night, into the weekend and beyond (I wrote the "beyond" bit because I wasn't sure how to describe where you would wear the spotty shirt! Cheat.)

Option 1 - the lace blouse

This is a little Zara number. With very pretty detailing around the neckline, it's not too figure hugging and is more skimming than clinging. Although it has a fairly high neck, which in general doesn't flatter curvier busts, the fact that it is sheer towards the top makes it more flattering than it might first appear. Zara has a great selection of lace tops so if this one isn't for you, there may be others that are. Lace and denim, especially beaten up denim, offers that nice contrast in the same way that leather and lace, or sequins and denim, do.



Option 2

Spots tend to be a love or hate thing. Personally, as with stripes, I love them. They signify to me all things spring like. This pink spotted Gap shirt would look great layered under either a fitted crew or v- neck jumper for a preppy look, or under a looser slouchier style knit for a more relaxed look. I think that I will try it with both. It could also be tied at the waist as another option. This shirt currently has 20% off in the GAP sale.


The non-cardi, cardi

I was shopping with a lady on Friday who was banned by her husband from buying cardigans. Whether this cardi/jacket from Mint Velvet would have passed his non-cardi test I don't know but what really appealed to me was its shape.

Bomber jackets are a big look this season but many of them are to OTT - too silk, too printed, too much. I like that this references the bomber jacket shape but that it isn't a bomber jacket at all. Right. Because that really makes sense doesn't it? No, really it does. It doesn't mean that everyone will like it and in fact some will hate it but to me it was exciting because it's a little bit different - slightly trendier (for want of a better word) than the spotty shirt option but less "going out" like than the lace top. With a cami underneath it would be great for those outings that require more than a cardi in terms of style but not the full on silk bomber jacket treatment.  




And finally, the top of the season - the sweatshirt! Worn here with a neon bird print scarf from GAP, this too would look great with the jeans/block heels combination.



One pair of jeans, one pair of shoes and several tops should hopefully kick start your spring wardrobe nicely. Obviously a striped top should be worked into the above and I have one in a box which is sitting very close to me. A Boden box in fact. But that's tomorrow's treat....

23 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces Beth. Can I ask where the sweatshirt is from? Still my fave blog! Thank you Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi H - thanks, that's so kind of you. It's an H&M sweatshirt £9.99 and I checked for you today and they are still current stock. Also comes in a blue denim marl colour, if that's any help. I have a photo of the label if you want me to tweet it to you!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Beth - looked at the Gapones yesterday but they are much paler and DD's (13) verdict was 'no way'... Will check out H+M. Hx

      Delete
  2. Thanks Beth - another great blog! Am currently trying to track down the perfect Boyf jeans ;-)
    I'm also keen to know where the sweatshirt is from if you're happy to share? Love that bird print scarf, although can't find it online at Gap...
    Kt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kt - lovely to hear from you:) Details of the sweatshirt are above. Perhaps the scarf was just an odd one in store - might be worth checking your local store out if you have one. If not email me at style@bethgoodrham.com before tomorrow morning and I will get one and send it to you.

      Delete
    2. Scarves OOS on Gap website but saw lots in store in Gulidford yest. Hx

      Delete
  3. Great blog....love sticking to simple outfits that will work.....I also would love to know where the orange sweatshirt is from. Can't see it on the GAP site? Thanks! K x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen thanks so much for your comment. The sweatshirt is an H&M one, £9.99, still current stock. I can tweet you the pic of the label if you like as I photographed it today in store.

      Delete
  4. I think I'm gradually coming around to the lace top idea. They're definitely growing on me. And love the neon scarf from Gap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen - I'm sure there's a lace top out there for you somewhere and there are certainly plenty to choose from at the moment. Great that you are a fan of neon too! Hope that all is well with you x

      Delete
  5. Love that scarf and neon top Beth! Very spring like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooooo! We just need the weather now.... How I wish!

      Delete
  6. Hi Beth - Just wondering is that lace blouse still available in Zara? I cant seem to find one like it on the website. Regards Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to have got back to you too late on this Claire but delighted to see that Amanda has picked up the baton and run with it. Let me know if you need any further help on it. Hope that you like it x

      Delete
  7. LOVE that scarf!! Great looks, easy to achieve. Good post again Beth (I shared your Hotter post with my mum too, she was thrilled. Got her lilac ballet pumps on order already! Ha!) Laura x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura - oh that's fantastic about the Hotter shoes. My Mum ordered three pairs, which was a huge extravagance for her (encouraged by me naturally) and she is keeping them all. Love to hear about the Mums rocking their Hotters!So pleased that you like the post - thank you.

      Delete
  8. Claire - having just done the same hunt I think it may be this one at Zara.

    http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-neu-S2013/358004/1049516/COMBINATION%20CROCHET%20BLOUSE

    My local is very limited so I'll be buying this one online. Love it.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Amanda - I think you could be right! Thanks Claire

      Delete
    2. Hi Amanda - thanks for joining up the dots on this one. Much appreciated. Hope that you like it too!

      Delete
  9. Great post! Thanks for the inspiration Beth! Returned from Gap with a pink gingham Boyf shirt / neon bird scarf / Floral Boyf shirt all with 20% off! Shame the weather isn't playing ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Let's hear it for GAP! Although the weather is rubbish, it's a nice thought knowing that you have something new to wear when the sun does finally shine isn't it? Love those gingham and floral shirts!

      Delete
  10. Very soon this web site will be famous amid all blog visitors, due to it's fastidious articles

    Here is my page - Louis Vuitton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get several emails with the
    same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?

    Many thanks!

    Here is my blog post: Nike Air Jordan

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.