Pages

Thursday, 21 March 2013

Mum on the Run: Note to self. Don't commit all your thoughts to print and then change your mind a few months later. The Bowie Ash Wedge trainer. What else?

"What's wrong Mum?" the eldest asked as she found me sitting on the sofa, head in my hands, shoe box at my feet. "Are you all right?"

"I can't believe it. I just can't believe it." I responded. "I like them. I actually like them. In fact I really like them. And I've spent all this time hating them. I've even written about how much I hate them. Sometimes I drive myself mad, let alone everyone else."

Talk about the biggest volte face in the history of mankind. Well, that and the one that I did on the smoking slippers too. So here they are, in all their glory, the Ash Bowie wedge trainers, bought from the Outnet in a mad moment last Saturday, as much because I thought that it would be fun to try the "real" thing (Marants aside but that's a whole different ball game) as much as anything else. And also because with no sign of spring on its way anytime soon - anyone else got snow forecast for tonight? - and with sandals not being an option just yet, a girl has to think outside the box. Box! See below - get it? I know, it's poor.

So, this is what an Ash box looks like, just in case anyone cares. I do because I like branding and boxes. Sad, I know but it's the anticipation of what boxes contain that does it for me.


"Yuk!" I hear some of you cry. "Hmmmm. Interesting" others may muse.


At this point I have to say that there was absolutely no styling involved in terms of jeans, jeans length etc. The photos were taken in between clearing up one lot of cooking utensils and starting on the next meal.


Front view sitting down  with my legs out in front - a very stylish pose!
 

I found them true to size, very soft and comfortable too. Oh flippety flip flip. This was not the plan. Not at all. But there's no way they are going back.  I am relying on these to breathe life back into my wardrobe until the sun finally decides to show its face.





27 comments:

  1. Are they the Bowie or the Cool Ter? The stitching suggests the latter - regardless they are lush - well done for coming around to them at last:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great word "lush". I know you will be pleased to have a convert! I'm pretty sure they were sold as the Bowie but both the Outnet and I should bow to your greater knowledge!

      Delete
  2. You are hilarious Beth! I really feel like making the jump...I just can't. They look nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iva - good to hear from you. They feel nice and hopefully they will look nice when I finally get round to wearing them. Be gone snow!

      Delete
  3. Love this post. I can be just the same with such things but see enough pictures, read enough blogs and soon you will be converted. The Ash packaging is actually really cool. I ordered a pair of Ash Spiral boots last year and I nearly kept them for the sheer extravagance of the box and tissue paper and all the rest. But I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fashion osmosis. It can happen to us all! Now I like the idea of keeping something just for the box. A tad extreme but along the same lines as my current madness. Glad I am not alone!

      Delete
  4. Love them Beth, but I'm a massive fan of wedge anything!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Me too - although I fear that I am going off wedges for the summer as I prefer the block heels that are coming through. It could be an expensive summer! Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  5. It is really a nice and useful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this useful information with us.
    Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.


    My page; privat kredit ohne schufa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... still not sure about these to be honest...
    Will you do some outfit posts so I can get a sense of why you love them so? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thea - yes, at some point I will - but don't be too harsh on me :)

      Delete
    2. No of course not Beth! I too know what it's like to be in love ;-)

      Delete
  7. It's such a grey area is't it? They have been around for a good few years now....I had one of the early pairs from Ash, but mine went to the big bin in the sky a while back, especially when the other half wouldn't go out with me wearing them!! On the plus side they were comfortable!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! You have a brave other half! You're right, they have been around forever and I am way behind the times in that sense but they are comfortable, they're a change from ankle/biker/Acne style boots and they make me feel taller - always a bonus. My kids might refuse to go out with me though (well, here's hoping)!

      Delete
  8. Its a no from me! I still think they will be the puff ball skirt of 2012/2013

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gill you've just given me a great idea. Perhaps I could wear them with a puff ball skirt, luminous leg warmers and fingerless lace gloves. Actually thinking about it Lady Ga Ga has probably done it already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was the same as you Beth, never a lover but I did always think they worked better on other people than they would on me. I am liking yours, mmmm maybe I should give them a go....bank balance says keep away so I'm holding off a little while longer! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie - great to hear from you. How about I'll be the guinea pig and you decide - by which time hopefully the sun will be here and you will have moved on to pastures new with a few pennies to spare!

      Delete
    2. Fab idea, you can wear them in, tell me if they are comfy and worthy of the pennies for the amount of wear, then if they are, lets hope they will still be 'in' next season! He he xx

      Delete
    3. Sorry to tell you Natalie that it's now 9.15pm and I've had these things on my feet since 9.15am and they are super comfortable. Whether they score as high in the cost per wear stakes remains to be seen!

      Delete
  11. Many of the Online Jobs and Online Earning System in internet online Business, but here is a best and legit online earning systems with life time opportunity.
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so jealous I want these bad they are beautiful.
    Style With Friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sian - ah, bless you. I bet you've moved on now though and fallen in love with something else...!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Hi Heather - well you know where to find me if you fancy a try on!

      Delete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.