Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2014

My pick of sunny yellow pieces from the High Street

For those who have been reading Style Guile for a while now, you will know that I have a bit of a soft spot for yellow. I don't have a huge amount of it - a Primark jumper and a lovely grey Whistles jumper with yellow sequin stripes - but that's about it. It is so light, bright and cheery though and it goes so well with grey, navy and black, that it's one not to be overlooked.

So here's my pick of some favourite yellow things of mine which keep coming back onto my radar - despite my efforts to blast them into outer space!

The Soho Knitted Jacket from Boden in citrus (£99) is on its way to me as I type. I can't remember the last time that I bought a traditional hip length "cardi" as they just don't really do it for me. However the concept is right, so it's about finding alternatives - which is where this jacket comes in. It's called a jacket but I will wear it in the same way as a cardi - so less of an "outer" piece, for now at least.


I keep coming across this Lori sheer panel top from Whistles (£85). I'd have to try it to see how the whole underwear issue works (or not)  - but I wouldn't write it off without taking a closer look at it. It's meant to be dry clean only but as it's 100% polyester, I don't see that would be necessary. Grazia have started with their run of discounts - it being GAP's turn this week - so the Whistles one will no doubt be on its way soon. Great with boyfriend jeans and heels, navy cigarette pants and loafers, textured slim fitting black trousers and brogues - it offers quite a few options.


Buying this could be a good way to make use of the Grazia offer at GAP that I have just mentioned. The crossbody yellow tote is leather, wipe clean and costs £79.95.  If I was at that stage still, I would be very happy to use this as a nappy bag - but as I'm not, I will just borrow a baby for the day, or alternatively just use it for all my "stuff" - which would probably amount to the same in terms of volume and would also be less hassle.


I have absolutely no need for one of these rain jackets - although with holidays in Cornwall and Guernsey planned again, perhaps I do - but I really like them. This one is from  GAP kids (which go up pretty large) and costs £26.99. I have seen others at Petit Bateau and a similar one at Boden.

Now all I need is a dog to borrow to take for a walk so that I could wear this. What with that, and a baby so that I can use the bag, what I really need is someone else's life. (And just so that no-one feels the need to leave a comment to this effect, I know that what I really need to do is to GET a life!)