Pages

Wednesday, 14 May 2014

They make me feel frumpy and dumpy but boy are they comfy!


The problem with putting deeply unflattering things back in the cupboard....


....rather than getting rid of them completely....


....is that you might be tempted....


.....sometime in the future....
 
 
....to wear them again!
 
Birkenstock the only place for frumpy, dumpy, but oh so comfy shoes. Well there, together with Office, Schuh and plenty of other places that have increased their stock now that they are THE shoes of the season. Thanks for that one Normcore.

*Only joking, I know that I don't have to wear them but now that I've dug them out, their appeal on the comfort front is obvious, even if aesthetically they leave a little to be desired.

**What I can't decide is whether, way back when, when I bought these was I:
 a) way ahead of the trend (I think not)
 b) deeply uncool (more probably) and whether...
 c) I am now as fickle as the next person who has bought into the trend (quite possibly)
 d) would I wear them if they weren't trendy now (probably not) and
 e) should I just shut up? (Definitely)

And if all of that doesn't demonstrate the fickle nature of fashion, nothing does!

And here's another trend that has been written about recently - men in socks and sandals. What were they thinking? M&S schools socks and pink flowered sandals. Brave boy, that's all I can say!

8 comments:

  1. Great post Beth! Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those exact same purple birkies. Don't know what I was thinking when I bought them but fickle creature that I am , I will probably wear them this summer. I am also considering compounding my collection of ugly shoes with a pair of black Arizonzas

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink toe post ones are quite lovely. My mum has been wearing birkies for years & my sister and I borrow them from time to time (as we're all the same size!) but I never expected them to become fashionable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feet were meant to be punished. I will stay firmly in my heels and not partake in Birks trend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a cheaper version like your pink ones in white but it just feels so strange wearing something so chunky! I love your think back - I easily fall at the (d) hurdle - you could get a good price on ebay if you backtrack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, but I do really like them, and have done so for years! This is their (Birkenstocks) year for the purist trendy's. But fashion apart, I feel they fall into the classics category...........I think you should ditch the florals, and the pink one's (or poss dye them black?) And just wear the single strap black one's, and look like one cool mama!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love my birk's and have worn them with panache for years! The key is to treat them as a smart casual shoe and not dress them down.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like them, I always have done. But I just can't get on with them! I find them really uncomfortable for some reason so I just enjoy seeing them on others. Like them a little different like your floral ones, they are cool x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.