Pages

Thursday, 2 May 2013

Mum on the Run - New red shiny Topshop shoes and a story to make you all feel better....

Today's post was meant to be the "how to wear naturals" post but I'm interrupting it to bring you the news that I definitely should not be allowed out of the house. To anyone concerned about themselves, I am sure that this will make you feel better!

Today was one of those surreal days. It started off with us having to abandon the car to get to school because there was a fire on the High Street and all of the roads were cordoned off by the police. That in itself was odd for around here - the fire, not the roads being shut - although come to think of it, last time I went in to that particular shoe shop they didn't have much stock as it had all just been stolen. Say no more.

Then I when I was in Birmingham doing the returns from last week's event, I realised that I couldn't find my receipt for Zara and with nearly £500 worth of clothes to return, that had the potential to cause me some difficulty. I had visions of asking my friend to put it all on eBay for me to try and recoup the loss.  However the Manager, Leanne, really put herself out and having pleaded with head office they agreed to give me a full refund, which was astonishing. I said that I felt like hugging her but that would be in a little inappropriate but she said to go ahead anyway, so I did. So that too was all a bit surreal.

Finally, and this is the point at which I really felt like I had started to lose the plot, I found myself in the "Build a Bear Workshop" standing in front of the racks of clothes, debating which outfit to buy for our daughter's rabbit for our weekend away. Such was the pressure (self inflicted) to get it right, I nearly had a melt down. I'd far rather source a whole wardrobe for a client than choose an outfit for Daisy the rabbit .  Having spent more on a set of PJ's, slippers and a beach outfit for this rabbit than I have ever spent on our real, actual, proper, children I told the assistant that it was officially time to section me.  How I have managed to make it home, collect the children from school and cook their dinner, I have no idea.

Whilst all of the above was going on, this was what I was wearing - minus the new red shiny shoes which I bought today from Topshop - without incident I hasten to add.




NW3 blazer that I have had my eye on since last summer and which I recently bought in the sale at a drastically reduced price;
GAP high waisted skinny jeans which I fear are on their way out now - too comfortable, they must be losing their shape!
H&M neon T-shirt - a bargain at £7.99
Whistles scarf
Kausar cross body bag - required to keep receipts/credit cards etc safe and within easy reach whilst shopping!
 
Now, as to the shoes...
 
 
 
These are Topshop clog sandals (£45). I've always loved wooden soled shoes and had my first pair from Freeman Hardy and Willis (remember them) when I took a size 13. The pair after that were never as good as those first ones.

I've also had some pink Scholls but every time I tried to walk fast I walked out of them and did myself an injury. Anyway, I've had my eye on something like this for a while and liked a style that Topshop did a couple of years ago, as well as the range by Swedish Hasbeens for H&M last summer. None of them were quite right though but I loved the colour of these as soon as I saw them. The fact that whilst they have a heel on them they are easy to walk in is a real bonus for someone who would like to be just that little bit taller.

34 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't beat a pair of red shoes! Great story too! Glad I'm not the only one
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all have our moments don't we?! You are so right about red shoes, there's just something about them that's so compelling!

      Delete
  3. How comfy are the shoes? Fancy those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I road tested them yesterday four hours straight and they were great! Def worth a try if you like them at all.

      Delete
  4. Love the NW3 jacket Beth. I had my eye on it too! It looks great on you. MarieS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marie, I'm hoping to get a lot of wear out of it. Having languished in the store over the winter, I took it as a sign that it should now be mine!

      Delete
  5. You look pretty good for a crazy woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look pretty good for a crazy woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the blazer - is it still available, can't see it on the website. You look great for someone on the verge of a breakdown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Honor, I meant to check the name of the jacket before leaving for a weekend away but forgot, sorry. It's last summer's stock but Bicester may have some.

      Delete
  8. I'm having one of those days today but you look so much better for it! Lol! Love this outfit on you! Andrea x

    http://couscousandcorkwedges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea - ah, bless you. Hope that today has been a better day for you (and that the rest of the weekend will be too)!

      Delete
  9. I have a pair of Toffeln clogs which I bought a few years ago from Cath K just for around the house etc. Everyone laughs at them but I don't care because they are the comfiest shoes I own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking for Best and Trusted PTC Site..?
    Here is a Best and Trusted PTC Site where you can earn money online without any invesment, earn with Just Clicking and Earn upto Daily 10$, Earn More with Referrals, Paid to Click System, Best upgrade plans and Best Advertising Plans. Legitimate Earning Website for ever you want
    HotProClicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is Lol...? Every thing you want in Lol and Troll, Now you Get all in one Network, ThatIsLol.. Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Lol Peoples, Funny Peoples, Troll Images, troll pictures, funny pictures, Facebook pictures, facebook funny pictures, facebook lol pictures, Funny videos and Much More only Laughing out of Laughing
    thatislol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome just awesome article. I think this article may help my friend also that’s why I just share this article with my facebook. I am a regular reader of this blog. I learn a lot from your writing. Once again want to tell you good job. Thank you.

    My blog post: Honda Accord Sedan Car Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  13. Earn Money Launch a New Earning System on Facebook, the best Social Media Website where you can share some fun and earn with us, Share some pictures on Facebook and earn on every pictures you post or share. Unlimited Facebook Wall Sharing and Unlimited Earning.
    Earn with Making Facebook Ids, Make Unlimited Facebook Ids and Get 10$ on Every FB Id.
    jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now you Get all in one Network, ThatIsLol.. Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Lol Peoples, Funny Peoples, Troll Images, troll pictures, funny pictures, Facebook pictures, facebook funny pictures, facebook lol pictures, Funny videos and Much More only Laughing out of Laughing
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Upcoming Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Upcoming Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
    WorldLatestVehicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trading is the Best Business Ever in the World.. All News updates about Forex Business, Latest Currency news updates, latest forex trading business updates, trading updates, forex trading latest news, forex brokers directory, forex brokers list, Dollars news affairs, Stock Markets, stock market news, stock market analysis, technology news, international forex markets, international forex business news and all updates about Forex Trading
    ForexAffairs.Com

    ReplyDelete
  18. All Latest and Current Affairs, News updates about Forex Business. Latest Currency news updates, latest forex trading business updates, trading updates, forex trading latest news, forex brokers directory, forex brokers list, Dollars news affairs, Stock Markets, stock market news, stock market analysis, technology news, international forex markets, international forex business news and all updates about Forex Trading
    ForexAffairs.Com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
    www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
    www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited. The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures.
    LoLsGag.Coma

    ReplyDelete
  22. Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
    Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
    www.hotfxearnings.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Photoshop Fail Peoples in this Network... Fail Prank Peoples, Fail Videos, Fail Pictures, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
    lolsgag.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
    www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Want to Earn Money on Facebook...?? Now 1st time ever in Internet World, Facebook Sharing Program has been Launch, Just Post a Picture on Facebook and Get $0.07 per Post, Unlimited Postings and Unlimited Earning.
    www.JobzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Funny Facts on this Website, Every thing will be funny Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags
    LolsGag.Blogspot.Com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Genuines Works of Data Entry, Copy Pasting, Facebook Posting, Add Posting, Link Posting, Clicking, Web Surfing, Website Visiting, Article Sharing, Data Sharing, Google Business Plan and Much More Business Plans.
    www.onlinecornerz.ocm

    ReplyDelete
  28. For the lovers of art be it oil paintings, acrylics, water paints, abstracts, still life or just swirls of your imagination on the canvas. Find more art at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgWYZyShA3c

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.