Pages

Saturday 25 May 2013

Mum on the Run - Trialling a good alternative to skinny jeans, thanks to GAP geometric trousers.

For any Geographer's out there - this one's for you! These trousers are the perfect representation of Christaller's theory. I remember learning about Christaller's theory for Geography A-level. My lecturer was unable to draw the hexagonal pattern and so for the class leaving present we had a wooden hexagon made for him to use as a template on the board - and his dodgy hexagons were no more.
 
With the light being so bright today, it's not that easy to see the pattern of the trousers on the photograph but you can do so better below. These trousers are from GAP and come in a couple of other colourways. I really like the fact that they are fitted without being skinny which means that they are better on a hot day than skinny jeans. They also have enough room to accommodate calves and thighs, which lots of narrower trousers don't.  As they don't have pockets there's none of that sticky out business going on. The material is thick enough both to offer support and to avoid any issues of VPL, all of which are good by me. Predictably for GAP their sizes are generous. The ones I am wearing are a size 8 and although I could have got away with the size 6 on a good day, I prefer to trade a smaller size for some extra room and more ice cream. 
 
I don't know if you have noticed but a lot of the jumpers this season are shorter and looser than in previous seasons. Whilst arguably the silhouette is not as flattering on my frame as something more fitted, sometimes I prefer a more relaxed look and provided the bottom half is fitted, the proportions work OK. Heels would also change the proportions but today Dune brogues were the best option for what I was up to with the family.
 


Here are some other combinations that would work well with these trousers and jumper, which is also from GAP but which I can't seem able to find online, despite buying it only yesterday.

These blue Zara heels look great with the outfit, as do these blue trainers which were from Schuh.  The trousers could go a bit "dress up/dress down" depending on your mood and what you were up to and are a good nod to the geometric trend, without breaking the bank. I know that GAP goes in phases but this season I think that it has some great pieces and both the quality and price are good. Of course if all blue isn't your thing, you could throw in a neutral coloured top and a shoe in a contrasting brighter colour. Either gold or silver would work well with these too for a night out. Look out for some silver shoes tomorrow!





I really hope that you are all having a great bank holiday weekend. I promise to try and respond to everyone's comments soon. I do love receiving them and I have so many things that I would like to write about but I am just struggling to keep up with everything at the moment. Sorry!