Pages

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

On the Run -More outfits from last week's Style Event


Yesterday I promised to bring you some more outfits from the style event that I was running last week. The clothes weren't in my size, which is why they are being modelled on "Grace."

Before I start though, a few ladies have left messages for me highlighting the difficulties they have finding fashionable clothes on the High Street, given that they are so tall. With that in mind, I left a message on the Boden fb page asking them if they were likely to do a "tall" range. I selected Boden as their customer service is brilliant and they are good at catering to a wide market.   Their clothes go from a 6 to a 22, they do a maternity range, a petite range and a longer length in clothes - although the trouser leg length, at least, is not long enough for the ladies who left me messages. 

Boden's response was that if there was sufficient demand, they would certainly look into it. So I would like to urge all ladies out there, tall or otherwise, to leave a message on the Boden fb page asking that they look into this further.  Having worked with lots of tall ladies, I have concluded that they are probably the least well catered for on the High Street out of everybody.  I realise that if Boden did develop a tall range, it would still only be available by mail order but it would be a start.  Anyway, here's the link to the page where you can leave your comment, if you felt so inclined.  http://www.facebook.com/JohnnieBoden?ref=ts 

Things won't change unless the brands are aware that they need to make changes so if you feel strongly about something, let them know. Facebook is a great forum for this because it's so public and the brands have to be seen to be responding. [Lecture over.]

Anyway, on to the outfits.

This first outfit comprises a broderie anglaise navy jacket from M&S, a yellow knit from Limited Collection at M&S and some palazzo pants from Per Una - I know, Per Una! Actually they are great.

You can see from the picture below that they are flat over the tummy but supportive too. They have small pleats which start a little lower down and they are really flattering for any ladies who carry more weight on their hips/thighs.




Said outfit minus the jacket but with the H&M yellow bag (I have now seen another yellow bag in Zara which has replaced this one as my favourite yellow bag of the season.)


Here's a closer picture of the navy broderie anglaise jacket from M&S. A lovely alternative to a corporate style jacket in a flattering style. It could be worn equally well with jeans and a breton top as to the office over a plain shift dress.




Yellow knit from Limited Collection at M&S which has little buttons down the back. It's quite a creamy yellow so not too difficult to wear.



The Per Una Palazzo pants - very flattering!


This too is from Per Una. I came across it the other day when I was doing some work with M&S and had to review their Per Una range. I love the print on it as it reminds me of Orla Kiely or the Scandinavian fabric brand, Marimekko.



This dress has a real 1950's feel about it and again, is good for anyone with heavier hips and legs. A fitted bolero would work well over it, keeping the silhouette neat.




Do any of you remember the furore caused by the "Carrie" skirt at Whistles last summer? It sold out nationwide, although Birmingham has since confessed to me that they told everyone who enquired over the phone that they didn't have it when they did! This pleated skirt, which is very similar (largely because it too is a pleated skirt) is from GAP and comes in this lovely vibrant red and also navy. The sizing is a little out though - you may well need to go down a size or two in it.


I put it with this cute cardi from Oasis which obviously has a nautical theme about it. It would also look great with jeans, chinos, cigarette pants and over dresses. I like the addition of the turquoise to it - rather than it being just red, white and navy.

This pink skirt is from GAP.  Casual skirts can be tricky. They can either feel quite dressy, as the pleated one above, a bit too work like - as in a pencil skirt, or too denim, short, and teenagerish (if there is such a word!)




I liked this one because of its softness, the vertical row of buttons down the front which is flattering, the bright colour and the fact that it isn't too short. I have styled it with a white shirt and the navy blazer with the sleeves rolled up, a Topshop belt plus some gold wedges. It would look equally good though with ballet flats or converse. (I haven't put a scarf with it - that's just the model.)

Tailored shirts are great for ladies with a curvier bust as the neckline is flattering and the darts mean that you still get a neat silhouette. Pepperberry is a good brand to try as they do shirts and tops in three bust fittings - meaning that it's not necessary to go up a size just to get a top to fit your bust.




Here I have put some coloured jeans (Gap jeggings) with a M&S Limited Collection bird print top.  The jeans are really comfortable and a lovely colour.



The top is likely to suit ladies with a small to medium sized bust but hey - there are plenty of us around!


Lastly, another M&S Limited Collection top, this time with seagulls on it. It is a pretty 1950's style top with a pink trim on the collar.


This is just a small selection of the pieces that I chose for the event and I hope that you like them.



44 comments:

  1. Very nice Beth! Love that Per Una dress...have to confess to walking the other direction from PU when I go into M&S. Must be more open minded in future! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Avril - I saw it online first of all which then prompted me battle my way through the frills to find it - hidden behind another style of dress on the back wall. Such a shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I saw the seagull top list week and would have bought it but it was a freezing cold day! It would go well with the Oasis blue peg leg trousers which have just gone down to £35. I bought them a few weeks ago and have had loads of nice comments. Roll on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely - I agree, roll on summer! Love the sound of the Oasis trousers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought that Per Una dress yesterday - I couldn't find it on the M&S website but thought it looked like a Marimekko print, so I Googled Marimekko Per Una and your blog came up! I'm glad it's not just me who thinks that. I also usually avoid Per Una like the plague, but this somehow found me.
    Interesting blog, I'll be adding you to my reader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This design is incredible! You obviously know how to keep a
    reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost.
    ..HaHa!) Great job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more
    than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

    Check out my weblog - analog to digital converter devices

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was curious if you ever considered changing the structure of your site?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

    Review my web-site - lighting usb cable for iphone 5

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would you mind if I quote a small number of your blogposts as
    long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog:
    http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4522105158819354251&postID=1278208582112369292.
    I'll aslo ensure to give you the proper anchor-text hyperlink using your webpage title: Blogger: Style Guile. Be sure to let me know if this is acceptable with you. Thanks!

    Here is my web site: dexhamilton.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My blog looks weird when browsing from my apple iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to fix this problem.
    If you have any suggestions, please share. Appreciate it!



    Here is my website: semiconductor device fundamentals robert pierret

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did
    you design this website yourself or did you hire someone
    to do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. thanks

    My web blog ... digital camera retailers new york

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello there! My name is Annette and I just desired
    to say your site is great! It truly is hilarious
    simply because I use to have a blog website that nearly had an identical
    website url: http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4522105158819354251&postID=1278208582112369292
    mine was only a few characters different. Anyhow,
    I'm a big supporter of your blogging site and if you at any time want a guest article please make sure to email me personally at: alexis.galvin@gmail.com. I take pleasure in writing!

    Stop by my web site ... http://iseekblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?

    There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thanks

    Feel free to visit my web-site ... vacation rentals.com big bear

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you mind if I quote a few of your blogposts as long as I provide credit and
    sources returning to your blog: http://www.blogger.
    com/comment.g?blogID=4522105158819354251&postID=1278208582112369292.
    I am going to aslo ensure to give you the proper anchortext link using your blog
    title: Blogger: Style Guile. Be sure to let me know if this
    is ok with you. Thanks alot :)

    Also visit my webpage: vacation rental by owner north carolina outer banks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your website. It's a very easy on the eyes which
    makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often.
    Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Excellent
    work!

    Also visit my blog post wireless printing from ipad

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi. I noticed your site title, "Blogger: Style Guile" does not really reflect the content of your site.
    When writing your site title, do you think it's best to write it for Search engine optimisation or for your visitors? This is something I've been struggling with simply because I want great rankings but at the same time I want the best
    quality for my site visitors.

    Also visit my blog post: appliance repair houston reviews

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's not my first time to go to see this website, i am visiting this web site dailly and take pleasant information from here all the time.

    Also visit my web site ... click this

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There's a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers

    Review my page; boyds auto

    ReplyDelete
  18. A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment. I do believe that
    you ought to write more on this subject, it may not
    be a taboo matter but typically people do not talk about
    these subjects. To the next! Many thanks!!

    Here is my webpage; kitchen appliances 2013

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good blog you have here.. It's hard to find excellent writing like yours nowadays. I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    My page kitchen remodeling on a budget countertops

    ReplyDelete
  20. I visit each day a few websites and sites to read content,
    however this web site presents feature based articles.


    Also visit my web site galley kitchen remodel images

    ReplyDelete
  21. My partner and I stumbled over here coming from a different page and thought I
    might as well check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you.
    Look forward to exploring your web page repeatedly.


    My blog post - appliance repair courses

    ReplyDelete
  22. What's up to all, it's truly a nice for me to pay a visit this web site, it contains helpful Information.



    my weblog - http://wallinside.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Power of an Investment is Dollar Invest, Now you can invest as low as $5 and get double profit within a week
    Dollar-inv.co

    ReplyDelete
  24. All Time Profit is best platform for best profit online on internet, earn 1.50% hourly for 200 hours, total 300% profit within a week
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Online Jobs on Blogs, Just Post a Comment on any blog site and earn $0.06 per Link, Just Like this, Visit and Click on Link Relation
    JobzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. All Funny and Lols Gag Photos and Videos, funny facts, funny cartoons all Funny planet on lols and Gags
    LolsGag.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Online Business as low as $1, Join Now and Get Best Business from Home without any work
    AllTimeProfit.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Online Corner is the best Platform to earn money online from internet, Just Join Now and start earnings
    OnlineCornerz.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Get your website on google top 10 Results, Best Search Engine Optimization Company in Pakistan
    Contact Now
    Skype : Jobz.Corner
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Funny and Lol Pictures only on this online network in the world, online gags
    LolsGag.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Business at home...??? want to join the best business without any work, just invest and rest
    www.earningsclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Get Facebook Likes on your fb page, likes on your facebook pictures, followers on your facebook id, shares of your facebook posts, every thing is available here, visit for more details
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Most Popular Latest Hot Current Affairs on this Network, News updates, hot updates, hot news
    HotCurrentAffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Get Free Online Jobs from home, best ad clicking work, join now
    JobzCorner.com/FreeEarning

    ReplyDelete
  35. Get Facebook Likes on your fb page, likes on your facebook pictures, followers on your facebook id, shares of your facebook posts, every thing is available here, visit for more details
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Best Business Club of Earnings, Hourly Stable Plans Like 1% Hourly for 120 Hours, Total 120% Profit within 5 Days
    EarningsClub.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Online Jobs, Just Post a Comment on any blog site and earn $0.06 per Link, Just Like this post, Visit and Click on Link Relation
    JobzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Play Games and Earn Money online from home, best add clicking website in the world
    PaidVerts.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Viewing the ads, playing games, upgrade plans, more earnings, referral earnings, bonus points and more, join now
    Paidverts.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Find best online jobs ever where you can earn monthly earning without any risk, part time data entry copy pasting and facebook jobs, Join now
    RapidIncomeCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hot Forex Investments where you can earn profit without any work, just invest on forex and get profit daily upto 12%, Join Now
    HotFxInvest.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Online Jobs is easy now for you, just spend few hours on internet and get unlimited income with Data entry copy pasting facebook and clicking jobs
    JobzCorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Dari dulu saya suka dengan fashio, sampai-saya kursus agar bisa menjahit

    jas almamater

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.