Pages

Friday, 27 April 2012

On the Run - The one that got away!


Some times you've just got to laugh. I had high hopes (in my head) for this outfit but it just didn't tranlsate into reality. I thought that the combination of the green trousers, white top and sparkly scarf would be a nice look. This photo shows them in their best light - look to the one at the bottom of the page for a bad one!

I really liked these Zara trousers when I saw them.  The green was a nice shade of green and I could see how the trousers would offer a practical alternative to jeans/leggings/wide leg linen trousers for the summer.

When I saw the cuff around the bottom I wasn't sure but went with them anyway on the basis that  they could be versatile, being dressed up with heels for the evening or down with flats for the day.

I still think all of that is true, if only they weren't such a funny shape! I swear that I could have got me and my Mum in them around the waist, yet the legs were fine. Whilst wearing a belt meant that they didn't fall down around my ankles, the material bunched up above the belt and there was enough to make a parachute.  I went back to Zara to try a smaller size but I couldn't get them up past my calves. 

On this photo you can get more of an idea of the amount of loose fabric around my hips/waist. I look like a right baggy Bertha!




Anyway, I may keep my eyes out for an alternative because I still reckon that the outfit might work, if the trousers looked like they belonged to me and not someone else.

Mr SG and I had a great night away for his birthday, with the celebrations continuing on into the weekend. I realised, half way through scoffing our cream tea that, in true blog style I should have taken a photo of it in all it's glory to post today. However, by that stage it wasn't looking too pretty so you will be pleased to know that I refrained. The scones were delicious but crumbly and we made a hasty retreat like a couple of school kids when we realised it looked as though a couple of chimps had been attacking the tea, rather than two, supposedly competent, adults.

I can't get a signal where will be over the weekend, even with my dongle(!) so I will be back on Sunday. Have a lovely weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Have a lovely break this weekend. I actually think this outfit is quite nice - the scarf pulls it together nicely. You'd never notice in the first photo that the trousers don't fit so well - more obvious in the second though. I find that trouser shape so hard to pull off myself...lovely on other women though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Avril - Hope that you had (are having) a lovely weekend too. I am a woman on a mission now to find some like this that actually work! See you in the DM on Thurs!

      Delete
  2. Good God! If the trousers look like that on you then there's no hope for any of us! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crazy Walker! Oh there's plenty that looks dreadful on me - I just don't wear those things!Hope you had great weekend too.

      Delete
  3. i was in zara today. They have some lovely clothes there, but a definite problem with sizes! i am size 10, so i tried their jackets (M) and they wouldn't fit even close! i am also looking for alternatives for jeans, but unfortunately, the only trousers I thought were really nice, my boyfriend names immidiately as 'clown's trousers'...quite similar to the ones your are wearing, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI - I love Zara but having had two unfortunate mis-haps with the trousers ripping in a place you wouldn't want them too, I am a little nervous of them. Or they just don't fit! I find the tops OK most of the time though. I guess it's just a case of keep on trying. Beth

      Delete
  4. Hope you had a lovely weekend. I also did't notice the baggy trousers until the second photo. I love looking in Zara but I end up wondering if they have sized up childrens clothes by mistake. Can't seem to get in anything ( I'm a 10-12)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, we did have a lovely weekend thanks - oddly Wales was surprisingly rain free yesterday! I wonder whether the problem with Zara is that there just isn't enough difference between the sizes - fine if you are an 8 because the xs/s/m would all be OK but beyond a size 8, maybe a 10, the clothes don't really work. Not great really is it given that they have some amazing pieces? Always a great place for a bag or shoes though!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.