Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2012

On the Run - Having fun in the Reiss sale

Late last week I received advanced notification from Reiss that they would be going into sale today. I was asked not to advertise the fact and so left it until this morning to tweet about it.  I then spent a pleasant few minutes checking to see what the reductions were like.

I was really grateful for the fact that it was sports day this afternoon as it meant that I had an hour or so this morning to go and have a whizz around the sales.

I started off at Reiss, the brand know for providing clothes of designer quality and style at (top end) high street prices.  Together with Whistles, it's a firm favourite with fashionistas.  Any items that I have bought from Reiss have always been bought in the sales, which is when their prices become slightly more accessible.

When it came to the sale, there was a slightly interesting arrangement in the Birmingham store. It was on, although not advertised as such, and the clothes weren't marked accordingly. The benefit of this was that there wasn't a mad rush on. The disadvantage was that one of the assistants who works there (and who is fab) had the fun task of checking a print-out to establish whether the items I liked were in the sale, or not.

These are just a few basic pieces that I liked but there's so much more - pale blue tapered trousers,
pale blue shorts, leather jackets, blazers and silk shirts. The images on the Reiss site aren't that great, which is why, in most cases, I have included a link to the product - just so that you can get a clearer look.




 
Working around the images in a clocwise direction from the dress, here are details of the pieces I have chosen:


1. I love the vibrant colour of this Karina dress. It has a great length and is stylish but comfortable. The back is slightly unusual so it might be worth checking it out. They are showing only UK size 4's on line but the B'ham store has 14's too and I am sure that there will be more to be had. It's reduced from £169 to £118;

2. I really like this Fell textured jumper.  It's a love it or hate it kind of jumper and it won't suit all shapes but I love it. It's reduced from £89 to £63;

3. I brought this mini Bleecker bag to you a while ago when I went to Leeds. A great colour and perfect size, it's now reduced from £195 to £136;

4. This striped Nellie dusty rose top is perfect as an alternative to a classic breton top and is reduced from £59 to £42;

5. Another rose coloured top, this is the Chloe cotton pointelle jumper reduced to from £110 to £77. It comes in stripes and rib knits too;

6. There's always space in my wardrobe for some smart navy trousers and these Dilly tapered trousers would fill that gap nicely.
  
Remember, this is only round one of the sale and there will probably be better reductions further down the line - although availability becomes more of an issue.  Bicester also has some great pieces but it's just best to go with an open mind.

Have a browse of the site and see what you fancy - and then while away the time plotting how to make it yours!